Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Carbon fiber wraps..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The owner of that car did it because its wrecked all the time (he drifts it) and it looks like shit without it. Plus its easier and cheaper than paint.

I did mine because I liked the way his looked.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      Looks good to me.

Nothing like real carbon fiber. Unless thats how it looks without any resin. Still, it looks like that was a quality job.
      Agreed. It doesn't look like real carbon fiber, but it has a similar effect. I think I like it better, in fact. Why pretend to be something it's not?

As for the RX-7, that's too flashy for me, but the coverage is nice. It's a better option than painting for a complex look. A wrap like that would be what, a few hundred bucks? Especially if you do it yourself. A paintjob like that would be insanely expensive!

Comment

His car from the side.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Agreed. It doesn't look like real carbon fiber, but it has a similar effect. I think I like it better, in fact. Why pretend to be something it's not?

As for the RX-7, that's too flashy for me, but the coverage is nice. It's a better option than painting for a complex look. A wrap like that would be what, a few hundred bucks? Especially if you do it yourself. A paintjob like that would be insanely expensive!
          $350 IIRC. And it still looks good, I dont have it anymore but I still see it from time to time. Its been like this for 2 years I think.

I have thought about doing my 91 EX exactly like it.

Comment

man bro thant looks sweet, thats like lowrider paint status if i didnt know it was a wrap..

Comment

Carbon fiber isn't for me but I have to admit that civic hood looks pretty clean.

As for the RX7 it honestly reminds me of a drag queen. I remember when I was in vegas there was this real big dude dressed in drag and his dress was exactly that red glittery color. I can't say I could drive it with that wrap on it.

Comment

theres all sorts of weaves out there, so one cf hood might look cheezy next to another. anyhow, a hood or part laid out with this weave would be fuckin sick

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyD View Post
                  Carbon fiber isn't for me but I have to admit that civic hood looks pretty clean.

As for the RX7 it honestly reminds me of a drag queen. I remember when I was in vegas there was this real big dude dressed in drag and his dress was exactly that red glittery color. I can't say I could drive it with that wrap on it.
                  If it’s not what you like then just go on and keep scrolling.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    If it’s not what you like then just go on and keep scrolling.
                    I did say I liked how it looked on the civic, but I also didn't know I couldn't disagree with the way something looked. And maybe I misunderstood but I thought the OP was looking for opinions.

Comment

I do want opinions but no reason to call his car a drag queen... a simple thats not for me would do..
                      Last edited by 2doorhardcore; 02-13-2013, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2doorhardcore View Post
                        I do want opinions but no reason to call hid car a drag queen... a simple thats not for me would do..
                        Sorry wasn't trying to upset anybody here.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Honestly, installing a full carbon fiber hood (that usually doesn't even fit well) when the weight savings isn't needed (as in, it's not a race car) isn't really any worse.
                          If all you're going for is the look, then wrapping a part is barely different than using a real CF part... and it'll fit better, and likely last longer.
                          Totally not true deeve. The carbon hoods are way lighter than oem and when I installed mine I instantly felt greater acceleration with casual driving. That means less strain on my motor and more miles per tank.

To the OP, buying a legit 3m carbon wrap for your hood or trunk is gonna run around 100 for a sheet large enough, and unless your paint is jacked up on your hood then you are really just going for looks. That 100$ could be best spend investing in a hood or a trunk that will slowly but eventually pay for itself in gas and motor maintenance.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Op. If your wanting to wrap. Use some of the higher quality vinyl out there. To make the cf vinyl look more like a street cf hood. Spray a few coats of clear on it. Personally i like the dry look.
                            "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                              Op. If your wanting to wrap. Use some of the higher quality vinyl out there. To make the cf vinyl look more like a street cf hood. Spray a few coats of clear on it. Personally i like the dry look.
                              That’s a good idea. I bet that would make it look pretty close.

But why try to make it look like something that it’s not. That’s my deal with it, not that it means anything to anyone other than me. It could be the nicest CB on the planet but once I found out it had a fake CF hood that would immediately discredit it to me. That’s just my 2 cents so it should only be taken lightly.

With that being said people should build their cars for themselves and not based on others opinions.

Comment

If people think using wrap is cheap they why is it the new fad with supercar owners? I guess it's because after spending a couple hundred grand on the car they can't afford to change the color. Or maybe because it looks awesome and is a bit cheaper than a paint job. You can also get colors and designs that would be extremely expensive with paint.
                                '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Working...
                                X