Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

center consoles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

center consoles?

does anyone know if there are other center consoles we can swap in to our cb's i have a 92 dx 4dr. i would really appreciate it. ive searched around but all i see are the arm rest for the cb's

x2

Comment

This is just eyeballing it, but I think with a lot of modding, cutting, drilling, or glueing, patience, etc.you can fit an 3geez integra gsr armrest console. I scoped it out in the JY but the area where the pocket and the brake meet is probably where your gonna have to cut it and fit it, CRX style. I thought of doing it but I don't know. If anyone is daring I would love to see what it looks like.
      Last edited by ShiroiKinCB; 05-19-2013, 01:11 PM.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

that is a nice pocket...

I would just take the whole center and try to make it work

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
          that is a nice pocket...

I would just take the whole center and try to make it work
          Like in the EF hatchbacks... I also thought of the whole thing as well, but the cupholder area doesn't sit flush with the bottom part of the Accord dash. If anyone can do it... props to them.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

yeah i've added the dc center console to my ef when i had it. but i think some of the cb's have the e-brake handle to the side instead of it being centered. any other options would be nice too. anyone ever try a prelude console i think they have the handle to the side too right?
            Last edited by cb_Mi3nsleeper; 05-19-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

The e-brake can easily be repositioned. Some cars even have provisions for it in the center. My '93 EX coupe does. If not P5ylance has a DIY on here showing you how to add nuts under the sheetmetal. Other ideas are tossed around in that thread as well.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162722
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I compared a few from newer accords at the junkyards and they are too wide to fit between the seats. Vigor look narrower but didn't look like it would fit dash very well or be at all usefull.

I thought about checking the g3 Integra but when I remember the consoles are always already gone.

I think next junkyard trip I will measure seat widths. Maybe console cars have narrower seats.
                Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

The integra might work I've heard that the eg arm rest works. I'm going to be trying it next time I go to the u pull it.

Comment

i got a center console from a 1992 Mazda 626 in mine it fits good with a lot of modding and you have to have manual seat belts i will post a diy later

Comment

post a pic at least of the finished 626 console

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

yeah i would love to see a pic too. 92 mazda 626 was my first car

Comment

then theres the consoles out of the EX wagons
                          and also theres consoles out of the DA integras

Comment

Originally posted by DevilD View Post

then theres the consoles out of the EX wagons
                            and also theres consoles out of the DA integras
                            I wonder if the driver arm rest and this would fit together so passanger and driver could both have armrests

Comment

Fit together? This interferes with a driver's armrest. You can only run one or the other.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X