Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight problem

Since I bought my car, my headlights have always shined on the road in sections... Kind of. Hard to explain. Look at the pictures.

So is my headlight broken or something? It was hit on the right side before. Could part of the headlight be shattered or out of place and is causing this to reflect like this? It even did it when I didn't have hid's. Its making it difficult to see when I drive. Any idea's?
    93 4dr ex 5 speed
    97 Integra DB7

And sorry I don't know how to make the picture smaller. lol
    93 4dr ex 5 speed
    97 Integra DB7

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiofreak View Post
      And sorry I don't know how to make the picture smaller. lol
      Why not try and tweak (adjust) the lights and see if it gets better? I know it can be a pain to remove the bumper to get access to the headlight bolts but it might be your only choice unless you come up with something else. the bumper meets very snugg up with headlights and grille so start from there and if not try tweaking the adjustment screws on the headlights themselves.. good luck with it man!!

Comment

It's because you have reflectors. You may be able to adjust it to get your hot spots to travel out further.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

That is what happens when you put HIDs in halogen housings. You need projectors for proper usable light output.
          Other drivers will appreciate it as well... as you are most certainly blinding them (and I know at least one driver that has gotten so sick of HIDs in halogen housings that he swerves at anyone that blinds him with their carelessness...)

Do a proper projector retrofit, and your light output will improve considerably. Your car will also look much better, and you'll have another thing to be proud of.

Comment

I've adjusted the lights multiple times and it's always shined like that. Even with regular headlights. And when my brother put HID's in his old cb7, it didn't shine like this at all. Same in his cd5 too. I really think my headlight is messed up from being hit. I've always wanted to do a retro fit, but I put these in for now just so I can see better while I'm driving. Because the stock headlights were really really bad.
            93 4dr ex 5 speed
            97 Integra DB7

Comment

I took a real good look into my right head light, and I can barely see it but it looks like as if some part of the reflector has melted down inside of the light, or broken from when it was hit on that side. So I'm going to replace the headlight and see if takes care of the problem. Thanks guys.
              93 4dr ex 5 speed
              97 Integra DB7

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiofreak View Post
                I took a real good look into my right head light, and I can barely see it but it looks like as if some part of the reflector has melted down inside of the light, or broken from when it was hit on that side. So I'm going to replace the headlight and see if takes care of the problem. Thanks guys.
                you should be able to find a nice pair at a junkyard.. try to find a nice set with the less pitting and that never been hit or kinked at any point and you should be good. I'm sure if the ones on your car have broken or melted parts that would definetly give a bad lighting output. Good luck with it man,hope you luck out at the yards..

Comment

Working...
                X