Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Blitz Brw Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blitz Brw Help.

Okay, so my dad has installed a set of blitz brw rims, they are nice and all, but for my 91 accord. I do not like the red oem, I always wanted to get the same set in white(hard to find now..), should i just plastidip them? If so, with pearlizer or glossifier? To keep the polish lip or dip it as well? Trying to convince my dad to get me on coilovers (function and form type 1s) aswell. Just turned 17 and about to take my drivers test within the next month. Let me know what you guys have in mind for me.. Thanks.

Welcome and congrats in advanced!

It's hard to make that decision for you. The best thing to do in that situation is to just paint one wheel and see what it looks like. Plastidip is cheap and you won't have to buy much of it. Your question is subjective, everyone's view will differ.

As far as the coilovers, that's a pretty good choice. I have no objections toward those. Keep in mind that you are rolling on 25 year old suspension components. Make sure you do an inspection for your balljoints, bushings and bearings. Replace anything that has play. It may be easier to replace it all, honestly.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I have function and form type ones in my Integra, they're a pretty decent handling set. As with most coil overs they're firmer resulting in less grip over bumps, but more.grip cornering. I'd say a worthwhile improvement, but don't take anyone who gets car sick in your car.

As for the wheels, ID recommend Photoshopping them white, then the best final finish IMO is powdercoating. It's cheap, and works really well
      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Plastidip is removable. Try it. If you don't like it, remove it. Just be sure you apply it thick enough that it peels off easily. Go too thin, and it'll be a nightmare to remove.
        To get the wheels to look as good as they do from the factory, you're going to need a quality paintjob anyway. Nothing from a rattle can is going to look as good. Dip them first, and if you like the white, remove the dip, clean them up, and take them to a good bodyshop or wheel refinisher to do them right.

As for coilovers, do your research. Most people do not need the adjustability of full coilovers, honestly. I've been in this game since 2001, and I can tell you quite truthfully that even I don't have the need, knowledge, or tools to properly utilize a set of full coilovers. Additionally, most of the coilovers on the market are not made by true suspension companies. They are simply ordered from Chinese copycat factories with little quality control. F&F seems to be one of the better ones... but they do still fall into that category.
        I would suggest getting a set of Koni Yellow shocks and some quality springs, such as H&R, Vogtland, or Eibach. If you absolutely MUST have adjustable height, a set of Ground Control sleeves (which use Eibach springs) should be all you need. Such a setup would be superior to pretty much any sub-$1000 full coilover on the market for these cars. Probably superior to a few $1000+ setups as well.

Comment

Those are some nice rims you got there! I think they should be white or black cause that goes well with the chrome trim on the wheel.
          As for the lowering your vehicle part, just be sure to make the right choice. lol
          Good luck on your driving test!

Comment

Good news, boys. Looking flyer than the reds!

Comment

Comment

Definitely looks good!
                Did you find them in white, or are those the red ones repainted?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Definitely looks good!
                  Did you find them in white, or are those the red ones repainted?
                  My uncle owns both the red and white sets, turns out he still had the white ones brand new in the box at his shop, so he just traded the red ones with the white ones. BLESSED.

Comment

The white ones look really good!

Comment

Working...
                    X