Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clear corner swap instructions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clear corner swap instructions..

basically i just need to know if the bumper has to come out to get the stock corners out..

any other advice to this simple project would be appreciated also!

thanks!

Originally posted by silentdonut
    basically i just need to know if the bumper has to come out to get the stock corners out..

any other advice to this simple project would be appreciated also!

thanks!

no u dont ahve to remove the bumper.. juz remove the screws and pull it out carefully.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

there is a top screw to the corner, and then pull slowly outward, and there's a few knobby things that will come out. installation takes about 10 minutes if that
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Sometimes the corners are a bit hard to get out, just be patient, pull gently, but firmly as to not crack anything. Trust me, it's only that screw, and they will pop out.
        Coming soon....

Comment

wow lol, nah tho i no when i first i got my car i though u had to take the fender off, dumb me,

open hood
          look at where the corner light is u will see one screw note sometimes its no there, if so un screw it, then pull to corner light out
          straight out dont be turnin or pullin up, just be lever with the car, may have to pull little hard b/c there a round clip that clips into the car.
          reverse steps to put back on u well see the round hole and the round thing sticky off the light line up and pull in and put the screw in

Comment

thank you very much guys! saved me a few hours :P

you'll be seeing a lot of me soon... i've got so many things to do to my car and i finally had the time to get another job so now i've got a lotto money :P

Comment

To Finish Up the Thread

SEARCH! THere are at least 20 posts covering this issue. Don't know if you alrady did it or not, but when I took my stock one out I cracker the part that holds the little metal nipple thing in. Some penetrating grease on it helps a lot.
              Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                installation takes about 10 minutes if that
                Only if you do it 5 times.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  lol..well i just don't want to experience any backlash from anyone for saying it would only take 10 minutes and then have them try to rush and finish in 10 and break a piece of the corner light.

Comment

Its threads like these that got this noob section. Seriously, just go out to your car and see what works. Easy as that. Experiment...thats how you learn.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                      Ten mins sounds long! even for a first time it should take 3 mins per side if you know how to use a screw driver.
                      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by juan
                        Its threads like these that got this noob section. Seriously, just go out to your car and see what works. Easy as that. Experiment...thats how you learn.
                        the noob section was also created for questions and learning like this. It was put into place so that noobs could start learning right away from helpful comments and could understands the basics before entering the whole forum. It's also a good place where noobs can ask the utmost rediculous questions and not get flamed.

Comment

Originally posted by juan
                          well for some people just "experimenting" will cause breakage. Thats why he asked. that's why there's this section.

EDIT: damn williamsvt you beat me to it!!!!
                          Last edited by skubydobdo; 03-23-2006, 11:22 PM.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
                          Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
                          Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

Originally posted by skubydobdo
                            well for some people just "experimenting" will cause breakage. Thats why he asked. that's why there's this section.

edit: damn williamsvt you beat me to it!!!!
                            ha, my bad. I'm just sick of people flaming and complaining when we are in the noob forum and this IS where noobs can ask any question they deem necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                              ha, my bad. I'm just sick of people flaming and complaining when we are in the noob forum and this IS where noobs can ask any question they deem necessary.
                              I did not mean it to be harsh. I simply tried to help...

Comment

Working...
                              X