Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

winshield help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winshield help

anyone know what the going price is on getting winshields + install? mine is all messed up it has been since i got the car it looks like the persone who had it before me used the wipers with bad blades and it left little like rainbow scratches all over the windshield that are really annoying or can they be polished or buffed out?

i used a buffer to get out scratches on my tailights it worked great, it might be worth a try on the windshield but i really dont know if it'll help

Comment

I live in Indiana and most places were about 300 but I found my windshield + install for 250 bucks. Good luck
      92 lx 5spd f22a1

Comment

Not far from where I live I got new glass installed for $200.

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
          anyone know what the going price is on getting winshields + install? mine is all messed up it has been since i got the car it looks like the persone who had it before me used the wipers with bad blades and it left little like rainbow scratches all over the windshield that are really annoying or can they be polished or buffed out?

Its a pain at night with all the lights reflecting everywhere aint it? Mines been like that since I got it. You cant buff it out like tail lights, since you cant really heat up the glass to get it to blend together like the plastic on the tails.

The one thing I have wanted to try is that stuff they show on TV. Its the stuff that fills scratches on glasses. Seems like it would at least be worth a try, but I never went out looking for it. I am sure walgreens/eckerds would have it, maybe i'll have to remember to go get some and see how it works.

Comment

It should be around 125-160. They got companies out there that will come to your house to install it.

Comment

open up the phone book, and look for auto glass in the yellow pages. hopefully you'll come up with a few places in your area that can do the work.

write the numbers down.

call the numbers.

get some estimates.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i had once used a rubbing compound specifically for glass, forgot the name.. it's out there and it works.. you'll need a buffer for it..

Comment

Originally posted by casterX
                  i had once used a rubbing compound specifically for glass, forgot the name.. it's out there and it works.. you'll need a buffer for it..
                  I found this stuff... dunno how well it works though. http://cgi.ebay.com/Auto-Glass-Winds...ayphotohosting

Comment

down here in mexico i paid $95 for a new OEM windshield installed. pretty good deal!!!!!!

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

i live in the northwest and it's generally between 150 and 300 depending on the company and quality of work

Comment

Originally posted by Gato-FF
                        It should be around 125-160. They got companies out there that will come to your house to install it.
                        the windshield itself will cost between 200-300 for a new one, so i doubt its 125-160...and then installation will be quite a bit as well.
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

$230 here in florida for a brand new windshield and moldings and removal of the rear windshield and all the moldings around the windows...dont want the windows to crack when i take them out for painting...

Comment

i got my windshield replaced like 2 months ago, here it was 120 installed

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

here is a glass polish to try:
                              http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11063
                              later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X