Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92-94 Acura Vigor Front end conversion???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92-94 Acura Vigor Front end conversion???

I have a 1993 Accord LX and I know the headlights of a 92-4 Acura Vigor will fit my Accord, but I would have to trim some of the Hood, But what if I wanted to swap the fenders, front grill, front bumper, and hood of a 92-94 Acura Vigor is it possible to basically do a front end conversion to a Acura Vigor by just bolting it up???

My members ride thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=64358
    Originally posted by Dr. Emmett Brown
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

im pretty sure it wont but asking around or using the search button might work. theres a link around here somewhere

Comment

be an innovator. try it out and get some pics.

Comment

kurobei tried it, he said the vigor bumper cover fit over the cb7 support beam pretty well, but only a couple of the clip holes lined up... of course thats easily fixed by drilling more holes... but the bigger issue is that the sides of the bumper are too short, it doesnt reach the fender line... so unless you know how to mould ABS plastic and could get it to be longer (maybe cut sections from a CB7 bumper and melt them onto the vigor bumper, then smooth it out?) then it isnt a direct swap.

the headlights are easy like you said (trim hood), but without the hood, the grille wont fit too well, and im going to assume the vigor hood is way off (i think its longer), but im not sure. if it fits, then you should be all set... otherwise, you may just want to do the bumper and headlights, leave the stock hood, and make your own grille to fill in the gap

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Nope it won't fit that way. In the past I parked right next to a vigor and right off the fenders are a little too big. I'm not sure about the hood tho but i'm assuming that won't bolt up either...and even if it does it'll be long as well.

I have a jdm cb5 inspire(vigor family) front end sitting in my backyard and surprisingly that bolts on by swapping over a cb7 support crash guard....however not all the plastic screw bolts line up. One thing that sucks is that the front bumpers face is like 2-3inches shorter so they won't reach the mounting hangers on the frame.

If I had fiberglassing/urethane skills, what would look really sick is extending the cb5 front bumper to cb7 specs and bolting it on Without the oem front blinkers/fogs in them, to me it sorta looks like a C-west front bumper coz of the triangle holes it sorta leaves.

If you want to be original, try buying DC4kids Inspire headlamps in the forsale section.... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43436 u'll be the first on this board to do this conversion. I think 3 people did the vigor front already. I have a set of these headlamps in my garage and did a quick bolt-on to my car. All i did is enlarge the side corner mounting hole. The hood still needs to be trimmed a little but it won't be as extensive as CC2 headlamps because it's a little shorter in length.
          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            kurobei tried it, he said the vigor bumper cover fit over the cb7 support beam pretty well, but only a couple of the clip holes lined up... of course thats easily fixed by drilling more holes... but the bigger issue is that the sides of the bumper are too short, it doesnt reach the fender line... so unless you know how to mould ABS plastic and could get it to be longer (maybe cut sections from a CB7 bumper and melt them onto the vigor bumper, then smooth it out?) then it isnt a direct swap.

the headlights are easy like you said (trim hood), but without the hood, the grille wont fit too well, and im going to assume the vigor hood is way off (i think its longer), but im not sure. if it fits, then you should be all set... otherwise, you may just want to do the bumper and headlights, leave the stock hood, and make your own grille to fill in the gap
            Lol damn u beat me! lol
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
              Lol damn u beat me! lol
              lol sorry... type quicker!! haha.

when people try cool stuff like this, when i read about it i try to remember as much information about it as i can (the more information in my brain the better), guess i didnt do too bad

Current cars:

Comment

Hmm well since my project with the 90-91' fogs on the 92-93 bumper failed... this might be something I might try to do when i'm on vacation. I was thinking something similar like cutting a cb7 bumper and extending the cb5 bumper a lil. Maybe welding them together with a high-temp heatgun Well we'll see =)
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                  lol sorry... type quicker!! haha.

when people try cool stuff like this, when i read about it i try to remember as much information about it as i can (the more information in my brain the better), guess i didnt do too bad
                  Lol.. I type 68wpm, it's just that I think too much of how i'm going to say something b4 I type it.
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                    Lol.. I type 68wpm, it's just that I think too much of how i'm going to say something b4 I type it.
                    my tested best was 77 i do the same thing though... sometimes a single response that im typing will be dragged out over 20-30 minutes.

btw ive used a soldering iron for melting plastic, it mended a friend's cracked lip and ive done some black plastic dashboard trim work with one... 93accordEX had a chunk taken out of his bumper by a hummer and he "welded" it back in with a heat gun and besides the bumpy melted plastic look, it was solid... if you carefully pick where you cut the two bumpers so you have a seam where the curvature of the two pieces is as matching as possible, it may be pretty easy... youll just need to do some sanding work to get it smooth.

Current cars:

Comment

CC2 headlights ftw...talk to francis...he knows all about hood trimming and front end fitment issues with custom lights..
                      primocb7

Comment

just buy a Vigor

Comment

yeah i agree... just buy a vigor... plus i personally think the accord front end looks much more agressive than the vigor... the vigor looks a little too much like a luxury car
                          Collin

Comment

Originally posted by H22A-T
                            just buy a Vigor
                            where's the fun in that, then he just has a heavier car that isnt as fun to drive, and isnt custom, whereas if he puts a vigor front end on an accord, he still has a light, h22 ready platform and has a custom front end to boot!

Comment

Do the conversion!!!! There is nothing cooler than custom shit like that half cb7 half i think its eg (92 - 95?) civic bumper someone on here built.

Comment

Working...
                              X