Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels

I'm thinking about getting some wheels for my 91 sedan. I like the look of big rims on low profile tires, but I wanted some input before I go out and spend over a grand on this. Any suggestions?

Well what ideal are you looking for, style or speed? 18's are nice with some low pro tires, i like the look. Also depends if your dropped...18's on an undropped car will make your car look like a monster truck.
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

18's are tight. You could also do 17's and a drop. I think either would give you a nice look.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

18's will probably run like hell. You're looking at losing an inch and a half of sidewall height, for 225/35-18.
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

I'm looking for style, not speed... at least not until I do a swap... which is nowhere on the horizon for me. The car is not dropped at all. Would 18's and low pro tires really mess anything up too bad?

Comment

If your not looking for speed then 18's or even 19's look real nice. That's just me i think some one here is o n 19's look around

Comment

Originally posted by emperorovaltine
              Would 18's and low pro tires really mess anything up too bad?
              Just the ride quality.
              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Not lowered, big rims, looks terrible and drives even worse.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                  Just the ride quality.
                  honestly, its not as bad as you would think. the main thing is that if its really rough, you feel it. on normal roads, the ride is smooth and quiet (depends on tires) the only thing that you MUST do is watch out for potholes.
                  go with the 18's
                  you'll love it when you're rollin on 18's. the looks people give you for rollin big wheels on accords is great..haha
                  just MAKE SURE its dropped FIRST!!!

Comment

18's without a drop will not look good or ride well either...bump steer and so on.... but hey, it's your car and your choice....a dropped cb7 on 18's does look nice though...

91 Se
                    Central Texas

Comment

heck yeah, rock the 18's you wont regret it..see sig for details..

Comment

if you go with 17's man you might as well get some lowering springs or coilovers too cause your gonna want to drop that bitch as soon as the wheels are on. Reference my car's pics the 92 gold accord...major wheel gap, rims are satisfying, but...you MUST drop it!

Comment

18's and a nice drop would look good, that's what i have and don't regret it at all.

My Ride
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=69635

Comment

Originally posted by puma01
                            18's and a nice drop would look good, that's what i have and don't regret it at all.

x2

Comment

Working...
                            X