Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Certain things aren't lining up...wtf man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certain things aren't lining up...wtf man!

Hey guys... Back in May, my 92' Accord was involved in an accident on the Drivers side (Front Left Corner). After having it professionally repaired from the same shop ive been going to since My dad bought the car in 1991 from the Dealership, i noticed that the new OEM Honda Grill wasnt lining up as it used to. The Drivers Side (Front Left Corner) area of the grill looks as tho its pushed inwards and so when you look at the front from the side, you see the chrome slightly go inwards on the Left side of the car.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I removed the grill after noticing it, and tried to adjust it, but no look. Is it just because of the accident, that perhaps the frame got dismantled (although im 100% sure that it was readjusted, if not my shops got some explaining to do...)

Thanks!
    [JHM]H22CB7

thats what happens after accidents... things dont line up... but if you paid for it, they should have fixed it, which it sounds like they didnt. they probably just pulled everything till it was "straight enough" ... the only way to get it perfect would be to weld in a new front radiator support/bulkhead.

my grandma's civic was rear ended, they did a shitty job and charged her/her insurance full price, the whole inside of the trunk is still folded in and theres wrinkles in the corners of the 1/4 panels by the back window. bumper and trunk are new though.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

after accidents things r never the same u need to replace the bumper brackets. the rat support and any other thin metal pieces and then make sure u measure everything cause u have a mill to play wit andd that aint much u just got to play wit it till itlooks right! thats all that a body shop does

Comment

Thanks guys..

Yeah...see everything else lines up perfectly, except for the Grill. I havent played around with it as much as i should. But ill probably get around to it tonight or something. In terms of the Shop, i think they did whatever CPMike just mentioned regarding the welding of the radiator support/bulkhead. But even if they did, im gonna take it over to them and run it by them, they're good guys so im sure it wont be a problem to have them fix it up.

Another question i had was WELL way before my recent accident, like 2 years back ive been noticing a similar thing with my bumper not lining up to the Passenger side fender. Theres a gap between them, but theres nothing on the other side. Ive tried tightening up the bolts and screws and loosening on either side, but the same thing happens.... Is this for a similar reason too, because as far as i know my dad got into a very minor accident back in 97' on that side with a car hitting it or something but i havent really paid much attention to it.

Thanks again guys.
        [JHM]H22CB7

Comment

My grille was doing the same thing. I know my car was in an accident long before I bought it and I ran over a phone service box last winter pushing my radiator support up. I am going to replace all of that when I get around to doing all the body work/painting, so for now what I did was made an extension bracket off the drivers side headlamp mounting bracket, which pushed that side of the grille out about an inch to line up with the hood and headlamp.. worked ok for now. Pretty solid it seems.

Comment

how did you hit a phone service box? arent they usualy in a grassy area? like fields backyards and stuff like that?
            10th anniversary crew #1

Comment

the problem with accidents is that shit bends, obviously, and, if you dont pull it in the right place on the frame machine, you will never get it right. thik of it this way. if a car gets T boned, it is bent as if you took a stick and bent it with both hands. you have to unbend it the same way, you cannot jsut pull it straight. you basically have to "read" the accident, and then fix it as if oyu were doing the exact opposite of the accident. the shop you went to probably didnt do that.

Member's Ride Page!

Comment

lol ok ur dad brought the car in 91 right so how is it a 92, i think u got the wrong grill

Comment

ummmm....cars realeased in the second half of '91 WERE 92 accords.... car companies release the next year of the model usually around october...
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

Yep .. its sad .. even lil minor accidents can sometimes never get resolved in regards to
                    gettin everything lined up correctly .. it's like a broken bone sorta kina .. you'll never ever
                    be the same because of it .. trust me on that one lol .. I'm speaking from experiance ..

Best a luck to ya tho !!!
                    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

this is the problem, i know from experiance, plus my brother been managing a body shop for quite sometime now. so here it goes

MAKE SURE THE BODY SHOPS USE OEM MATERIALS, THE AFTER MARKET SHIT DOES NOT FIT RIGHT. I WENT THROUGH THIS WITH MY CAR. ITS DEFINITLY THE AFTER MARKET PARTS!!!!!
                      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

yeah, that could be it, too. some aftermatket stuff fits, but usually it wont be quite right, unless they tried real hard to make it fit. gotta ask, thats all. well, that, and fix what is wrong.

Member's Ride Page!

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
                          ummmm....cars realeased in the second half of '91 WERE 92 accords.... car companies release the next year of the model usually around october...
                          LOL...thanks, yeah so that answers ur question Pretty Ricky...

Oh and by the way, thanks for the JDM Half Mast i got from u off ebay...
                          [JHM]H22CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
                            this is the problem, i know from experiance, plus my brother been managing a body shop for quite sometime now. so here it goes

MAKE SURE THE BODY SHOPS USE OEM MATERIALS, THE AFTER MARKET SHIT DOES NOT FIT RIGHT. I WENT THROUGH THIS WITH MY CAR. ITS DEFINITLY THE AFTER MARKET PARTS!!!!!
                            Hey...yeah the body shop i go to only deals with OEM Parts (partly why the repairs are sometimes a bit more expensive). But either way everything which was replaced on my accord was directly from Honda, made by Honda in Japan, and brough back here to Toronto from the warehouse up in Montreal.

So i know for sure its not the materials.

Thanks for the suggestion though everyone, i guess ill keep on playing around with it, and if nothing happens, well what can u do i guess...
                            Last edited by JHMH22CB7; 06-25-2006, 06:33 PM.
                            [JHM]H22CB7

Comment

Putting a car back together after an accident is hard as hell... especially if only half of the front end is damaged. A few years ago my ride was "totaled" (they didn't even want to mess with it). I put it back together, and of course there's gaps. After that tree, my front end is still off... gaps on both sides of the bumper, my right headlight is pushed back a litle bit, and my grill is off... but I put 91 parts on a 92 and thats what i get. But unless they have got schooling for body work, then it's a lot of guesswork.

If you've got a problem, I might have an answer... or a sledgehammer.
                              (a little dirt goes a long way)

Comment

Working...
                              X