Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Highbeam Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highbeam Help

I just installed Nokya 9006 Hyper White 7000k + Nokya 9005 Hyper Yellow 2500k bulbs for the front end. Now, to my knowledge, the lowbeams turn off when you turn on the highbeams. When I put the bulbs in, the lowbeams remain on after the highbeams have been turned on. So basically, I can't just have the yellow lights only. It is either white or white+yellow. Annoying.

Any solutions besides switching beam bulbs and/or removing the lowbeam bulbs and using highbeams? I thought it was normal for the lowbeams to turn off. Yikes.

generic short-ram
    generic strut tower bar
    hid bulbs all around
    amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Originally posted by '93EX
    Now, to my knowledge, the lowbeams turn off when you turn on the highbeams. When I put the bulbs in, the lowbeams remain on after the highbeams have been turned on.
    This is not true. Low beams remain turned on when the high beams are lit. You may be confusing this with the proper function of OEM fogs (they turn off when high beams are switched on)

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Word ^^^
      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
      My (old) Ride

Comment

'Tis true
        That's why the light output on a CB7 is so much better than Civics and Intergras of the same years...better two bulbs on at once than a dual filament single bulb set up...so much brighter

Comment

Ok thanks. I was just hoping for yellows by themselves as an option.

Thanks again.

*edit*

Quick question. Are those Nokya 2500k Hyper Yellow bulbs legal? It doesn't say they are not DOT approved like others are that I have seen. Yesterday was my first day using them as my highbeams and 2 already said something to me about them lol.
          Last edited by '93EX; 06-28-2006, 11:57 AM.

generic short-ram
          generic strut tower bar
          hid bulbs all around

Comment

Originally posted by '93EX

Quick question. Are those Nokya 2500k Hyper Yellow bulbs legal? It doesn't say they are not DOT approved like others are that I have seen. Yesterday was my first day using them as my highbeams and 2 already said something to me about them lol.
            ALOT OFF THOSE BULBS SAY OFF ROAD USE ONLY BUT THEY ONLY MESS WIT U IN SOME STATES

Comment

The yellows are insane. I can see the light a good 1/4 mile down the ride shining off street signs lol.

generic short-ram
              generic strut tower bar
              hid bulbs all around

Comment

When i first got my car it had a nasty wiring problem... when the high beams where on no other lights on the car worked.... seriously not a single light not even the dash lights, running lights, or brake lights!!
                So I pulled the relay for the high beams out and wired in a load resistor where the wiring met the high beam bulbs. Then just wired my highbeams to a switch like a foglight or drivinglight would be run. Works perfectly. With this set up you could run the highbeams/highs and running lights/ or lows highs and running lights.

There ya go... Yellow all the time. =]
                I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

I think if you hook up your headlights through a bosch relay you will get the result you want.

Comment

Working...
                  X