Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bumper lights wont come off (looks like screws are stripped)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumper lights wont come off (looks like screws are stripped)

alright everyone i tried taking my bumper lights off but it seems liek those bolts inside that u need too unscrew to take it off is stripped or for some reason just fucked up any other way to take them off can i drill right through the screws n break the lights i got new ones anyways.
    1991 Honda Accord LX reppin' vancouver 604

i had the same problem at work with a cb, what i did is as your screwing them, pry on the with a screwdriver or something, slowly though and it wil eventually come out,
    Members Ride

Comment

Well that sucks. philliips head shoulda been able to get them out mine came out easily oh well you gotta do what you gotta do.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hmm dunno if 90-91 bumper lights are held on the same way as 92-93s but on mine the screw goes into a little metal screw clip in back of the light. if yours is the same way you might just need to either get your hand up in there to hold it still and put pressure on it or take the bumper off so you can see whats going on back there. i wouldn't recommend drilling for fear of damaging the plastic mount piece on the actual bumper....
        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
        Project 240SX
        Originally posted by chillin943
        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

problem fixed... i just yank it out..

Thanks to Ronald for the great picture.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

www.vancouveraccords.com
          www.esodraggers.com

Comment

thanks too604_cb7 i went over to his place and he got it out god damn mikey ur ride is niceeee OOOoooOweeee but yeah thanks for getting it out for me.

Comment

Looks like you got it out OK. A screw-extraction bit is a real help here. It's sort of a reverse-direction bit that goes in the end of a drill or ratcheting screwdriver (with an extension in this case) that bites into the rusted screw. That's what I used on mine.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

yeah we just took a flat head and pryed it out. and it came off good... nothing broken, now i was thinkin to put another set of bumper lights under the excisting bumper lights since i cant afford JDm gos right now wut u ppl think/? and use it as a fog light
                Last edited by uniqueCB7boi; 11-17-2006, 08:03 PM.

Comment

All I gots 2 say is go 4 it. If it looks good too....Good idea cuz i havent seen sumthin like dat yet...Just make sure you use sum good bumper lights for fogs or otherwise the will melt...

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818
                    All I gots 2 say is go 4 it. If it looks good too....Good idea cuz i havent seen sumthin like dat yet...Just make sure you use sum good bumper lights for fogs or otherwise the will melt...

yeah thanks man hmm wut material would i need to do this does anyone know??? anymore oppinions guys cumon i need more.

Comment

do it man!! whats the worst that can happen?? if its ugly we can take em off :P
                      ..[CB7][STAR]..
                      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                      X