Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My FREE new CARPET!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FREE new CARPET!!

I've been driving a 91 EX sedan that's been pretty beat up since it's been stolen and abused so many times.

The last time it was stolen, the thieves left it open to the elements (rain), which, in Washington, is perfect place for mildew mold and general scum to grow.

My rug was RUINED. Here's a before pic:

I can't currently afford to buy a new carpet, so I decided to try to clean this one as best I can to make do for now. (Because of my shabby grime-coloured tan interior, I've been fantasizing about switching to all-black SE interior.)

First I tried scrubbing it with good ole fashioned laundry soap/water. NUTHIN.

Then I tried to steam clean it. NUTHIN. Still ugly.

Then I spot cleaned it with SIMPLE GREEN. ASTOUNDING! Looked almost back to stock newness!

One spot was easy, but to do the whole carpet was a HUGE endeavor.

I ended up dunking the carpet into the bathtub filled with warm water and laundry detergent. I kept dunking it, scrubbing it, rinsing it, draining the tub, and then filling it up again over and over until the water was CLEAR.

Then I let it sit in water with bleach (to kill any germs/mildew on it).

Then I scrubbed every square inch of it to death using a brush and SIMPLE GREEN til it finally came out like this:

Here's a pic of my car stripped:

And here's the car with my "NEW" carpet! :

I'm so excited, it feels brand new to me! I was so inspired that I hand-washed every plastic piece of interior trim back to stock newness, and guess what?....I actually LIKE the tan now!

My next step is to SIMPLE GREEN the mildew off my headliner, sun visors, and handles. I already did the passenger seat and the rear bench (pics to come). The hardest part will be the tan seatbelts which also got massive mildew damage to them. I'll update soon. But wow! Me happy
    My Ride (Click here)

damn man thats looks great, how long did it take you?

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
      damn man thats looks great, how long did it take you?
      Believe it or not, it took me 3 DAYS. The first day I did sleep. The second day I stayed up through the third day (which I spent reinstalling and washing the interior plastics). Between soaks I was painting my rear driver side body panel and my driver side replacement mirror......and dinkin around on the forums.

But yeah, the first several times I dunked that carpet into the water, the water was BLACK.
      My Ride (Click here)

Comment

wow, that carpet doesnt look like its the same one, but props to you what else are your plans?

Comment

wow, that carpet doesnt look like its the same one, but props to you what else are your plans?
          well I did have to patch parts of another carpet (that was equally as dirty) to the driver area and the passenger area because there were some kind of scortch marks that couldn't be scrubbed off completely. And, actually, I had to cut the carpet into 3 sections and wash them separately (to get them to fit in the bathtub). Splicing them back together is easy (just match the cut and industrial tape it on the back side).

Good eye!
          Last edited by BlackPearl2006; 05-12-2007, 04:48 AM.
          My Ride (Click here)

Comment

i did the same thing too gj man i just sprayed mine with a hose and went at it with everytype of cleaner available lol.
            ]

Comment

what else are your plans?
              Right now I'm just trying to get her back to stock after being so beat up from the thefts.

My Body Fix List:

1. fix dent on passenger side fender
              2. fix slight dent on hood
              3. driver door handle
              4. replace window track moulding on front driver/passenger doors (my windows don't stay in the track)
              5. fix dent on driver rear quarter panel
              6. paint touch up on scratches/dings
              7. flat black paint on windshield wipers
              8. fix depression around passenger side door handle (from thieves warping it)
              9. find a centercap for one of my stock alloys. (Thieves broke one of mine).

My Engine Maint. To Do List:

1. clean EGR valve/service ports
              2. change sparkplug seals
              3. sparkplugs, wires, cap.
              4. paint valve cover (red) (since I have to take it off anyway to change the seals). Gasket too of course.
              5. change gasket between downpipe/header (exhaust leak)

Performance Mod To Do List:

1. filter (had a nice one on there but it got stolen, so now I'm running stock)
              2. exhaust header. (I already have a nice exhaust muffler, just needs a header).
              3. Rear Discs swap
              4. Short Shifter DIY

Aesthetics Mods To Do List:

1. JDM-style amber side markers (I have them, just can't find my dremel cutters to cut the hole for them yet).
              2. Either mod out my tail lights and/or do a 92-93 swap.
              3. Keep my 91 front bumper, but swap the EX lip for a CD5 Greddy Gracer lip.
              4. OEM Fogs (I have the OEM foglight switch already; just need the lights)
              5. DIY Maplights (I have a set from a Legend).
              6. Projector Lights
              7. Custom Autobot Grill
              8. S2000 Radio Antenna
              9. In-Dash Radio/DVD/Screen (lower end price)
              10. simple 2X10" Kicker FreeAirs in the trunk. Stock speakers. Tweeters.

That's mostly it. I like her mostly stock. She's already dropped 2" on stock alloys (which I want to polish). If I ever get rims they'll be BMW style. I won't do that til I swap out the rear brakes for discs, then I'll paint the calipers/pad assembly red. Nothing really fancy for my mods. Just enough to make her stand out in a subtle way. Oh yeah, right now I'm sporting Autobot decals in the rear passenger corner windows:

(my lil autobot posing with the decal)
              My Ride (Click here)

Comment

Good Job, I used to take mine to the car wash and use the pressure washer when i had my jeep.
                2002 Mazda B-3000- Daily Driver
                1991 Honda Accord LX-Sold
                2000 Jeep Wrangler-SOLD
                1985 BMW-Autocrosser-SOLD
                1993 Honda Civic Hatchback-R.I.P

Comment

Great job. My carpet was like that...worse...I decided to do the vinyl / fabric spray in a can. It is black now. I also did the seats. Nice job again...

AirRide Accord your car looks like sex.
                  JDMish R34-ed cb7 - SOLD!!
                  Integra GS-R -

Comment

holy crap nice job on the carpet...gotta take some pics when your done everything else!

Comment

incredible.. my carpet.. is rustin.. somehow.. honda decided to put metal in their stock mats, and like its rusting.. so my carpet is getting hit with rust residue.. its really annoyingggg!!

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                      out of the game for now but looking

Comment

nice, my rear taillight is leaking and the jumper cables got wet and rusted onto the carpet. Inspired by this thread, i soaked my trunk carpet and the stains are barely visible. I used a clorox bleach pen, steam vac, laundry detergent, and bleach to get some cherry stains out. Well worth 20 mins.

Comment

looks brand new man

I-SR 6

Comment

so clean

so can u clean mine 2 lol jks

Comment

Did you get replacement fabric for the front door speakers?
                              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Working...
                              X