Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cleaning painted dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning painted dash

I recently repainted my entire interior from maroon to black.

I used a strong adhesive and duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint and it looks good.

However, what should I use to clean my interior with now?

Thanks,

Dave

Is it dirty.. or just looking for something to keep it clean with?

Since its painted, Im not sure what would be safe for it, the last thing you would want is to use something, then leave it in the sun, and end up with a neon green dash. I would probably just use a damp cloth to keep it clean every once in a while.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, it's not dirty yet, I'm just trying to plan ahead.

I was hoping there would be some type of cleaner I could use, but I will just use a damp cloth if need be.

Comment

Water and some cloth? Type G should know. I wouldnt go with anything too strong cuz it prob eat the paint or dull it out.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have painted my interior with Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint as well. This is what I use to clean and protect the painted surface, so far it has not harmed it or removed paint at all. The very first time you use the wipes, they may have a black residue on them from the paint even if its well dried, but the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc times it should be fine and won't take off the paint.

There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

the wipes mentioned work well, and i think there is also another product that helps protect it from the sun, and i also think it comes in wipes.

Comment

Thanks guys, good to hear.

Sorry I really can't read the label on the can, what is it called?

Also can you get it way up here in Canuck land?

Originally posted by mndude07
              I have painted my interior with Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint as well. This is what I use to clean and protect the painted surface, so far it has not harmed it or removed paint at all. The very first time you use the wipes, they may have a black residue on them from the paint even if its well dried, but the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc times it should be fine and won't take off the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdave9
                Thanks guys, good to hear.

Sorry I really can't read the label on the can, what is it called?

Also can you get it way up here in Canuck land?

They are Meguiars all surface quick detailing wipes.
                I have no idea if they are available up there....any similar wipe by meguairs should be good, just stay away from armor all, i just recently heard its not too good for your interior.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

so if u dnt mind dis really question, how long did it take u 2 do ur dash?
                  Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
                  Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
                  Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

Thanks mndude07! I'll see what I can find.

Shay91Racer: Good question. I started on Saturday afternoon and finished assembling everything on Tuesday.

The main thing was the prep. I scrubbed everything down with soap and water and then used 99% isopropal alcohol to clean away the left over dirt.

I would say it was a total of about 15 hours.

I still have to do the carpet, which I'm ordering online, and the seats, I've ordered custom seatcovers for the time being.

It wasn't that bad, I just kept patient and went one step at a time!

Comment

well since my car is like completely out of commission 4 da time being... i might take out my dash n paint it. im goin 4 da very non oem look. blue n white n orange (on da little pieces, maybe). so where u gettin da custom seat covers from. im trying to find some myself.. one's that i pic the color and style.
                      Member's Ride Thread

Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
                      Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185

Comment

another question... how long does it take 2 actually take da dash out?
                        Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I'm getting the seat covers off Ebay for now, I purchased them from here: http://stores.ebay.com/SEAT-GUARDS-SEAT-COVERS

As for taking out the dash, it probably took about 25 minutes. I took apart one piece at a time and it wasn't bad at all.

Comment

Would Armor all work?
                            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                              Would Armor all work?
                              I've been told to stay away from Armor all.

Comment

Working...
                              X