Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Body Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem Gerald... we need as much correct information as we can get! You and I both know that saying something ONCE rarely gets through to anyone! Plus, you elaborated with the molding stuff

Comment

what if some one put a prelude front end clip on a cb7??? a 4 door?
      back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by R33cb7
        [/COLOR]

"Shaving your Doors" is when you remove the moldings in the doors and fill in the gaps with fiber glass and bondo. If you look closely at my doors, they're smooth. Molding is when you take 2 or more parts and morph them into one.

**edit....Sorry Devs, I didn't know you answered this one already. Just read your post****

no no no no!!!!
        fiberglass even done corectly will only hold on to metal for a short life term ,, meaning it does not bond.. the only way, the correct way to shave your doors is to get sheet metal and weld them up and go back with a dolly and hammer straightening any warps then wipe with golden glaze and then metal glaze.... this is the only long term solution..
        also i did this on a friends car we took the moldings ooff and i welded up the little square holes and smoothed it out but left the smooth indented body line,, that also is considered shaving..
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by Muff
          also i did this on a friends car we took the moldings ooff and i welded up the little square holes and smoothed it out but left the smooth indented body line,, that also is considered shaving..
          i see that on a lot of hatchbacks

and yeah you should weld sheet metal, bondo cracks. fiberglass eventually does too... but bondo definately cracks

metal glaze ftw cant even tell the difference when you paint over it.
          ]

Comment

Don't hate...

It took me all of two years to get my body kit together as well as keep my daily driver running in top condition. I've been adding performance parts here and there too. Body kits are no joke. You really have to keep up with them especially if you have one on a daily driver. I have to watch for pot holes and worry about rock chippings all day long. I'm starting to wish that I never started with the body kit but as you can tell I've gone all out with the looks. I've picked up a second job to help keep up with the repairs and she'll be back in the body shop soon. No need to right now until all the bad Texas weather passes over. It still looks pretty clean and unique to me and it fits my personality well. Although most of the people here don't seem to like it or body kits, I love my car and it shows.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
              i see that on a lot of hatchbacks

and yeah you should weld sheet metal, bondo cracks. fiberglass eventually does too... but bondo definately cracks

metal glaze ftw cant even tell the difference when you paint over it.
              correct
              also if you do not fiberglass right it will get moister in behind it and thus causing rust whitch will break loose. what may look like a small crack on top can be verry damaging below...
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

some one make cb7 4door into a 4door prelude.
                back at it again

Comment

Is there anywhere I could find snap-on kits, that aren't bulky, cause I'm tryna lower it and don't want it too low to the ground.
                  98' Mustang 3V Swap
                  11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7
                    Is there anywhere I could find snap-on kits, that aren't bulky, cause I'm tryna lower it and don't want it too low to the ground.
                    i have a 2 inch drop and kitted with 18's
                    a good kit is made to fit and not to bulky... you get what you py for.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                      no no no no!!!!
                      fiberglass even done corectly will only hold on to metal for a short life term ,, meaning it does not bond.. the only way, the correct way to shave your doors is to get sheet metal and weld them up and go back with a dolly and hammer straightening any warps then wipe with golden glaze and then metal glaze.... this is the only long term solution..
                      My body molding has yet to crack, and the work was done 2 years ago! It's also my daily driver.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Shay91Racer
                        wow.... this is a topic. im thinking about gettin this one...

http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/000182.html
                        or maybe even
                        http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/000183.html
                        Go for the first one!

The second front bumper doesn't match with the rest of the kit. The edges are a different curve...............

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                        My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Working...
                        X