Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Able to change the shift knob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Able to change the shift knob?

Was wondering if we're able to change the shift knob? Can't really twist mine off. HELP! thanks

yea you can, take the chrome plastic off first

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
    Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
    1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

ya man jus pull down that plastic piece an twist off da knob don worry it wont break

Comment

You need to unclip the shift boot first from the shift knob. Then you turn the shift knob counter-clockwise and voila.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

You need to put some aSs into it. You can turn with the clip on but your gonna twist the boot with it. So its better to do clip off as already mentioned. But you gotta turn hard though on some cars lol.

Edit: forgot an S
          Last edited by NAiL05; 07-10-2007, 01:57 AM.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea when i changed mine it was a big knob so i had a longer throw i would suggest getting a small shift knob i put back on my stock one cause i have a shorter throw with it good luck
            The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
            Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
            He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

Removing the little console around the shifter makes it much, much easier, IMO.
              PM me for the following...
              -Driver's side 2-door armrest in tan for sale - $5 + shipping

I'm currently looking to buy an N/A mkIII (86.5-92) supra. PM if you or anyone you know is selling anywhere near CO.

Comment

You have to remove a console??? Its just a knob unclip and twist. Then screw the new one on unless your tlakin bout something else.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ya, you dont HAVE to remove the console, but I wasn't able to grip the part under the knob through the boot. once the console is out (4 easy screws) you can grab it from beneath and it popped right off. I spent about an hour trying to figure that out the first time i tried. Now i can have it off and changed in about 10 mins.
                  PM me for the following...
                  -Driver's side 2-door armrest in tan for sale - $5 + shipping

I'm currently looking to buy an N/A mkIII (86.5-92) supra. PM if you or anyone you know is selling anywhere near CO.

Comment

Are WE talking about a shift knob???????

no unbolting anything nesassary... pull down that chrome plastic piece and unscrew the knob....

this is as simple as it comes....

good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X