Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best thing to do for all-red tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best thing to do for all-red tails

Any of you guys have some great idea for the all-red tails?

I had been doing the all-red DIY using transparent spray paint and it turns out to be perfect BUT , after months of carwash the paint starts to peel off and it leaves an ugly taillight..

I think the best way is automotive paint.

However are there any more ideas than that?

Share me some of your tricks..
    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 09-24-2007, 12:04 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

use the japanese lens paint that comes in that tiny can and costs $30. it's to much $$, but i used it on mine and it lasted about 7 years until it finally started to fade. it never peeled or chiped. i kept bringing it back to life, but it would just start fading again, so i buffed it off. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      use the japanese lens paint that comes in that tiny can and costs $30. it's to much $$, but i used it on mine and it lasted about 7 years until it finally started to fade. it never peeled or chiped. i kept bringing it back to life, but it would just start fading again, so i buffed it off. later.
      Ahh I see , I though those were equal to those krylon brand. Anyway , thanks for telling me that man..

Since my tails are so filled with peeling paint , is 1000 grit wet sand a good thing to do before paint process?

Comment

yes, wet sanding it all off with 1000g would be siutable. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

All you need to do is clear it after you tint it
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

yes, wet sanding it all off with 1000g would be siutable. later.
            ahh excellent... thanks again.

Originally posted by Gemini
            All you need to do is clear it after you tint it
            That's what I've been doing but the paint sill comes off after months of carwash.

Comment

hey, micheals art store sells the dupli color one and i just sprayed it and clear coated and its been good for like 3 years now.

Accord MR Thread

Ek MR Thread

Comment

I did mine a few months ago and it was peeling a bit just the other week. I used the Krylon Glass Paint. Id just either redo every few months or buy buy some new tails. I liked the idea of the all-reds, but i miss my OEMs. Maybe even some red/clears

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

im in the middle cause i love my oems but i love the way the red/clears look. but i dont think they will look good with my car the all-reds are sexy to so i got a headache lol
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                  NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

pics?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                      im in the middle cause i love my oems but i love the way the red/clears look. but i dont think they will look good with my car the all-reds are sexy to so i got a headache lol

photoshop...

I'll give it to you that red/clears look better on some cars than others, but i think those 9091 red/clears are...kinda cool. They have a certain aggressiveness about them, IMO.

On a silver cb...i think youll be good

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                        photoshop...

I'll give it to you that red/clears look better on some cars than others, but i think those 9091 red/clears are...kinda cool. They have a certain aggressiveness about them, IMO.

On a silver cb...i think youll be good

my gf keeps telling me to do it, cause she said it will look good. think ill just by them an see if they work for me

plus i could be the first cb round here with those
                        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Yeah. I didnt even know they made them for the 9091s up until a few months ago. I havent seen them around here yet. Go for it. Worst case, sell em to a cb7tuner

Comment

yeah this is my second fam gotta look out for yall lol
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

i dont even know what u all talking about.the tail lights orwhat?

Comment

Working...
                              X