Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rims or Drop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims or Drop?

I have been pinching my pennies for a little while and i finally have enough to do a major mod to my car. I can afford some nice rims and tires or a nice set of coilovers. Which do you guys think i should do?

Its up to you. Personally I would save more and get both but thats in my own opinion.
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

Comment

get the drop first. If you get the rims it will look out of place because the gap is still there. Also there are more benefits to dropping compared to rims.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh
        get the drop first. If you get the rims it will look out of place because the gap is still there. Also there are more benefits to dropping compared to rims.
        Yeah, I was debating the same thing. Go for the drop first.

Comment

Slam it first!

Comment

depends on if you are in need of tires too. i bought rims first but that's because i got a good deal on em. if i had to choose, i'd probably do a drop first.

Members Ride

Comment

I got my rims on Monday, dropped it on Tuesday.

Drop it first.
              DEVOTE

Comment

Be sure to work a camber kit into your expenses... Especially if you end up getting wider tires. Wider tires wear faster with bad camber than stock skinny ones.

Comment

drop it with some nice shocks and springs.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
                  5 speed(152,222) (2-2-08)
                  112 WHP and 115.16 torque

Comment

I did the intake and drop first, it made a helluva lot difference in driving performance, and now I'm saving money for the exhaust system which is my next mod. But that's me, it's definitely up to your preference...

Comment

Well, in my opinion so don't quote me. Rims make the car. You can have the cleanest car in the world, but if you have some ugly rims, you just kilt the theme. A drop is the stance of your car. It looks more aggressive and mean when its lowered.

I would say get both but if you have to chose one, drop it.

Cars still look sick dropped on steelies, it looks incomplete but its getting there. Cars with rims and no drop looks weird.
                      Oh and don't get anything over 16 inches.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Thanks guys. The drop it is then. Anyone know where i can get some Omni's? Or maybe some D2's?

Comment

d2s are discontinued.

but a good google search should yield you some results

i agree with the others, in my opinion a dumped car on donuts/stock wheels, look way better than a 4x4 height of a car on some nice wheels.

Comment

I found some Nex SS I heard they were pretty good so i'll give them a try. If anyone knows anything that I should know about them please let me know. I already searched the site and read like a million post about them, saw a few cars with them installed and asked people personally what they thought of the product. but you never know there may be one person who has something that might save me some frustration. Thanks guys.

Comment

I'm actually not very familiar with them!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76939

That's what I'd recommend.

Comment

Working...
                              X