Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

black grill??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been hassled for my blackhouses at any DMV center so you should have a problem what so ever. I say do it! It makes the car look sexier

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
    Frost White Member 13
    My Ride
    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

shit sounds like a great idea really. i have a real dark charcol grey lx. i think the blacked out grill would make it smooth as hell. matchin the black wheels on it already. ima try it

the rebuild!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

Sorry I dont mean to jump into your thread( Im really new) I did my 90 grill really easy. I cut the top mounting section off of the actual grill, screwed it to the chrome trim, and painted the trim black, it was too dark so I glued the H back in. now its back to just chrome. it felt too dark for my car. You can see my grill in my pic. again Im sorry to butt in haha. hope this helps.

Comment

Go to the junkyard. Pick up a grill for $5, or less depending how good you are at haggling (sp?). Paint it. If you like it, great! If not, you just missed out on a $5 dinner at McD's.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

ya i have a 93 CB7 and i found out the hard way that modding the stock chrome grille aint that easy because there are 2 separate chrome peices and the top piece is conected to the H logo. but on the 90-91 it is a full chrome rectangle that u can just cut out and slap a nice grill mesh behind it and put your accord logo in.

Comment

Dude whoever spends over 80$ for those grills have money to waste. I can make one looking just as good with a stock grill. All you need is a really sharp wire cutter, a can of black spray paint, mesh and a little care about what you're doing.

I also have a link here to grill inserts I make myself for 90-91 stock grills. It looks pretty good and very affordable. For the 92-93 stock it is also possible but you cannot insert a grill behind the emblem since it is full.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...spagenameZWDVW

Like I said, I could also make a G-Square type one with a stock 90-91 grill. It just requires everything I mentioned above plus patience and time.

If anyone is interest, let me know. I'll see how much I can buy a good looking stock grill from the scrap yard and what it would also cost for all the other materials and simply calculate how much I would sell one for.
              NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

im interested.i want a black one with an accord emblem.

Comment

you aint suposed to be buy and sell shit in the beginner forums dont you read the rules? anyne that cant do this themselfs is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyflip
                    im interested.i want a black one with an accord emblem.
                    Alright. I'm going to the scrap yard on either Saturday or Sunday because a few other people also want one. I'll just get an extra one for you. I'll try to be done making them by Monday or Tuesday so that if you get it, you receive it as soon as possible. Of course, I'll take pictures of it so that you see it first to make sure you like it. I can also paint the grill insert on-demand for no extra charges if I have the requested color.

One more thing. How much are you willing to spend? I honestly don't make a lot of profit doing them. It's usually around 6 to 10$ depending on what it is. It's just that I don't know yet how much it would cost for a stock grill at the scrap yard. Some of them are crooks and ask over 20$ for them. Anyway. With the stock grill painted black, and the insert I assume it would be around somewhere around 40 to 60$ maximum shipping included.

I also make sure it is well done. I never send some crap that looks like it was made by my sister.

If anyone else is interested, let me know before I go to the scrap yard.

Thanks.
                    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Locked. No buying or selling in the Beginner Forums. Please read the rules, or you will be banned. Thanks!

Comment

Reopened. As long as the sales are through ebay, I'll allow it. If anyone buys these grills otherwise and gets scammed, I'll ban both the buyer AND seller.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshynecb7
                          you aint suposed to be buy and sell shit in the beginner forums dont you read the rules? anyne that cant do this themselfs is just stupid.
                          There. Next time mind your own business. It was a direct link to eBay. I wasn't directly selling anything on here.
                          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

common man this is a community with cb related no fighting ..grille are nice btw ..

junior

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Clio
                              common man this is a community with cb related no fighting ..grille are nice btw ..
                              There is no fighting here. It may not have sounded very polite but it could've been worse. I mean, first of all, he didn't think properly about whether what I was doing was allowed or not and then the worst is that he went straight to a moderator. Snitch.

And thanks for the compliment. Next thing I'll try to make is a G-square type grille. It's really not much and they are sold for a fortune. Rip off. I mean who cares if it has G-square printed on it or not. It can be done just as good and I would say even better with a stock grille, a few other materials and imagination.
                              NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Actually, nobody snitched. I pay attention to what goes on on my forum.

Also, please do not market your grilles as "G-Square Type" or any other brand name. I've already been threatened with legal action for someone else doing this, and I don't want to deal with that again. Make custom grilles if you wish, but do not use brand name comparisons to market them.
                                Last edited by ExplodingCake; 12-26-2007, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X