Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just Bought A Shift Light!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Bought A Shift Light!!

any suggestions where i should put it where it doesnt make my car a target to steal?

How much cutting are you willing to do, because with enough cutting it can go anywhere. We just put one in a friend of mine's car by the defrost vent, but we were talking about putting it in the a/c and heater vent. There's a bunch of other possibilities, just remember the more hidden it is, the harder it will be to adjust it.
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

a shift light, or a huge tac? it its just the light put it on the column.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

well if you want it to help you while you drive you can't avoid it being out int he open. A lot of times people put it up on either side of their dash. it would be no use if you had it lower than that because you won't see it.. and I would hope your eyes aren't really wondering while your mashing through the gears.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCoupe92
          well if you want it to help you while you drive you can't avoid it being out int he open. A lot of times people put it up on either side of their dash. it would be no use if you had it lower than that because you won't see it.. and I would hope your eyes aren't really wondering while your mashing through the gears.
          If it's anything like the ones I've seen it'll be bright as hell when it lights up. It pretty much puts a yellow tint to everything in the car at night even with the cap on so honestly it doesn't need to be in your direct line of sight and at night it's probably better that it's not.
          I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
          VOUCHES

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7
            If it's anything like the ones I've seen it'll be bright as hell when it lights up. It pretty much puts a yellow tint to everything in the car at night even with the cap on so honestly it doesn't need to be in your direct line of sight and at night it's probably better that it's not.
            yea my friend has one its bright as hell...lights up the whole inside of the car lmfao.nah i just dont want it on the dash because from far away youll see it..just somewhere low

Comment

If you're good with fiberglass you can make a cover for it. It won't be completely hidden, but it won't be like "Hey look it's a shift light." As mentioned above you can cut a slot into your A-pillar cover and fiberglass it in there and with that cover you can leave the ajduster lever uncoered. But with that option it may get in the way of a gauge pod if you decide to go that route.
              VOUCHES

Comment

Another common sense question...Where you can see it. The focus of the light is to help keep your eyes focused on the road rather than looking down at the tach. Unless your doing it for aesthetic reasons.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Honestly now... those lights can light up an entire stadium. Just put it somewhere that is not facing directly towards you. It will light up, temporarily blind you, and you will not be having fun when you wreck going 80+ miles/hour.

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Unless your doing it for aesthetic reasons.
                    Well....his car IS an automatic.....
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                        hahaha! wow.

Why do you need a shift light for an automatic?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          hahaha! wow.

To look cool.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            hahaha! wow.

hey trucks use them and they make ur car look like it gots alot of balls lol another reason is i got it for 60 when the actual price is 140

Comment

i forgot to mention i got it brand new unopened

Comment

Working...
                              X