Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bumper won't sit flush......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper won't sit flush......

Hey I got a 91 with a 92 rear Bumper, i know they're the same but i can't get it to sit flush. It has a some sag from where it connects to the bracket all the way to the curve. How do you fix this? Am i missing a piece or what?
    Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
    Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
    Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
    Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

would you by chance have a picture, because if so i am sure i can help you fix your problem.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

yeah.... this is the sag here....

Passenger Side

Driver Side
      Member's Ride Thread

Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
      Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185

Comment

yeah this is a really common problem with cb7's...you will find a lot of people with sagging front and rear bumpers. But I would also like to know whats the best way of fixing this

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

looks like my left front bumper. was wondering as well because i had thought i put it back in the right holes when i removed it. how do u fix this problem?

Comment

This should be interesting ..
            My JDM front bumper kina sits .. well, off-set .. lol .. hardly noticeable, but I see it.

A Hui Hou !!!
            Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

so is everyone looking for this answer..... i'm close to just putting that bitch on and saying "stfu you stupid gap!!!!"
              Member's Ride Thread

Comment

perhaps its because they arent OEM bumper covers?

anyway, maybe you could try:

you know the two screws holding the leading edges of the bumper to the slider brackets? remove these two, push the bumper as high as it will go, then make two new holes in the bumper cover, lower down, and reinstall the screws... that way the slider bracket stays in the same place, but the bumper cover is held up higher relative to it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]

you know the two screws holding the leading edges of the bumper to the slider brackets? remove these two, push the bumper as high as it will go, then make two new holes in the bumper cover, lower down, and reinstall the screws... that way the slider bracket stays in the same place, but the bumper cover is held up higher relative to it.
                  ima try that in the morning.... but that probably will work.... makes perfect sense
                  Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I may be wrong but isn't there a hole for a screw to be srewed in right there at both ends of the bumper and on the chasis? I know my front bumper that I once remove has them so I'm guessing the rear bumper should too. If there isn't you can simply drill one on each side by being careful screw a little screw in there. Good luck.
                    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]

Mike, in my case, I have the entire bumper assembly (front).
                      My only thought is .. perhaps the car hit something (lightly) before I owned it?
                      I installed a 92-93 rear bumper ..(I have a 90) and it fit perfect!
                      But the JDM front bumper sits fine on the drivers side .. however, the passenger side
                      has a small gap of about a quarter inch or more. I'm gonna be taking it off soon
                      to install a new pair of one piece headlights .. when I do, I'ma measure the mounting brackets
                      from the ground up .. I bet I come up with the same math as the finished product?

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Ok i see your problem.

Alot of times if a car has ever been repainted as i see yours has by the runs near the gas door,
                        Most rusted quarter panels also rust down to the area where your bumper slider adjustment fastens to, either 1 causing it to fall, or 2 a poor job at fxing the rust may have had the slider misplaced a little in the wrong spot.
                        3. These sliders get wore out verry easy and aren't expensive to replace. The plastic they are made of wears out on the inside thus causing the fron to drop down.

A easy fix like i did mine is to remove the bumper, after seeing the amount of gap that needs to be closed. Drilling new holes in the side of the frame of thcar raising the bracket up, so you can use your factory holes in the braket it'sself fastening to the bumper.

sometimes the droopy bumper is telling you your car has something a lil wrong or some major rust problems behind their.
                        Hope you can get thi better alligned, if not, I'll throw some more ideas at ya.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Believe it or not try holding up the bumper before tightening the screws..It was like that for me.
                          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                          ....................My New Baby
                          SOLD TO
                          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

So this is what i did....

1. Pushed the bumper in and held it in place
                            2. Placed a jack under the bumper to hold it up while I held it in place.
                            3. Took a drill & some flat head screws (the top of the screw is flat)
                            4. Drilled 3 Holes and screwed it in. (Both Sides)
                            5. Look and checked, looks alot better now!
                            Member's Ride Thread

Comment

okay, i have a similar problem that is REALLY frustrating...

i have a hacked grill, i bought some ebay replacement lights and blackhoused them, and ever since i put these on my car, my bumper sits terribly and looks like shit, my headlights dont fit right at all, and its all off alignment with my grill....
                              now from far away or without studying you dont notice it....
                              but I notice it and it drives me crazy cuz it makes my car look like i didnt do it properly and i just threw everything on there.

can anyone help me?!?! how should i go about straighting everything back up??

Comment

Working...
                              X