Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bolt Pattern and Tire Size Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt Pattern and Tire Size Question

Before I start my thread that would help me choose a good set of rims and tires, I need to know a few things as stupid as they may sound.

First, what is the bolt pattern of a CB7? I know there are 4 bolts but what's the distance (in measurements used for for rims and tires which I think are millimeters) between each of them?. Of course I could measure that myself but the car is sitting in the garage for winter and I just don't feel like going out there with a ruler or measuring tape.

I would also like someone to very clearly explain to mean how tires measurements work if I'm wrong.

Example: 205/40/17.

From what I think I know, except for 17, those are measurements in millimeters am I right?

205 would be the width of the tire while 40 would be the offset which is the distance from the inside lip of the tire to the top is that correct?

Thanks
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

40 stands for the percent of the read width. 4 X114.5

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
      40 stands for the percent of the read width. 4 X114.5
      Thanks and what exactly is the read? Very newbie I know sorry.
      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87
        Thanks and what exactly is the read? Very newbie I know sorry.
        I met to say tire width not read.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

This is very confusing. For me the width was 205 which would be the measurement from one edge of the surface to another no?
          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

read stickies.. and all of you question should be answered.. here's a couple..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36678

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60856

Comment

This is very confusing. For me the width was 205 which would be the measurement from one edge of the surface to another no?
              for a tyre 205/40/17

205 = width of the tyre in mm
              40 = height of sidewall with respect to the width (in percentage), in this case, 40% of the 205mm width makes up height of the sidewall

17 = wheel diameter in inches

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

Don't buy a 205/40R17 for your Accord, though. It's much shorter than your stock tire diameter and your speedometer will be way off. 205/45R17 is essentially an exact match for the diameter or your stock tire.
                ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                Short ram intake
                Tenrai Himoto catback
                Smashed front end
                Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
                  Don't buy a 205/40R17 for your Accord, though. It's much shorter than your stock tire diameter and your speedometer will be way off. 205/45R17 is essentially an exact match for the diameter or your stock tire.
                  Hi. I wasn't. It was just an example of tire size for the explanation. 205/45/17 is pretty much the best tire size for our CBs since there's only a difference of 0.26%. I just learned that today :P
                  NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

has anyone successfully gone with wider tires than 205? just curious how big you can go

Comment

Way off?

Tire speed calculator from Discount tire

This will give you an Idea of the difference you will see.

I run a 205/40R17 and it's pretty damn close to what I run MPH wise.
                      Last edited by Father Time; 01-08-2008, 12:27 AM.
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
                        Way off?

Tire speed calculator from Discount tire

This will give you an Idea of the difference you will see.

I run a 205/40R17 and it's pretty damn close to what I run MPH wise.
                        Can't you just adjust the speedometer to your new wheels? Has anyone done that before?
                        NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Can't you just adjust the speedometer to your new wheels? Has anyone done that before?
                          oooh i would love to see a meter that can be recalibrated. ;tu:

im running 205/50/16 front, 225/45/16 rear

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

You in fact seem to be wrong. You are more than 3% off. According to that site, the closest match would be 205/45/17 and is only 0.21% off.

Originally posted by blizzard335
                            oooh i would love to see a meter that can be recalibrated. ;tu:

im running 205/50/16 front, 2/45/16 rear
                            No need for sarcasm. I'm here to learn, otherwise I wouldn't of started this thread.

What's the result of running different tire sizes in the front and the back?

Also, what is the exact stock rim and tire size? On some website it says 185/70/14 while on another it's 195/60/15.

Confusing.
                            Last edited by Gyuri87; 01-08-2008, 03:34 AM.
                            NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

No need for sarcasm. I'm here to learn, otherwise I wouldn't of started this thread.

What's the result of running different tire sizes in the front and the back?

Also, what is the exact stock rim and tire size? On some website it says 185/70/14 while on another it's 195/60/15.

Confusing.
                              No sarcasm intende at all. I would really love to get a meter that would recalibrate itself. Seriously

im running wider rims at the back, hence the 225/45. but they are very much similar in rolling diameter as the front 205/50

Stock rim/tyre sizes depend on trim and market.

my car came 165/R14 from the factory. No joke. It says so on the door sill.

Links to other rides:
                              Honda Accord Euro-R
                              Honda Odyssey Absolute
                              Honda City I-DSi
                              Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                              X