Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

chap stick valve cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chap stick valve cover

hey, finished sanding my valve cover, didn't get all the gunk off, but whatever, it's all good. I put a couple coats of blue on it, and waited for it to dry before I sanded off the big H and "Honda" logo on it. After I sanded off the paint on the logo, around the area was all scuffed up from the sand paper. So now i have to respray it, and sand it again.

But I heard vasoline works well for covering up places you don't want painted. I don't have vasoline, and have mad chap stick...would this do the same thing?

here's a pick just so I can brag some more about my first painted valve cover lol

^^click it or ticket^^

yes, chapstick would repell the paint. i personally don't like that method myself.

you can try to remove the scuffs with scatch remover and it might work to save time. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Haha, thats a weird but cool method. Nice looks on the paint job. I also plan on painting my VC that color to match my air filter
      My Black "H"
      AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

word thanks. I don't have any scratch remover, and since I got like 43 stixcks f chap stick last year for Christmas I'll use one of them for that. and I also need to respray some areas so its all good

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

I would sand the areas with 2000 grit sand paper then polish it. once you have the desired finish you can mask it with a thin masking tape. Press the tape down so that the edges are pretty visible. Now you can use a xacto knife to carefully trim the edges. its gonna take a very steady hand. If you use the chapstick or vaseline its gonna be just as hard to not get it in areas you want painted. OK once you have painted your valve cover and its dry to the touch use your xacto knife to remove the masked areas. If there are any areas that got paint. Just use a q tip and nailpolish remover to clean it.

This is my 91 accordwagon ex-r her name is Layshia

This is my other wagon her name is Tangy

Comment

chapstick works, but be careful to only actually get it on the top, and not to clog up the part inbetween the letters and stuff.

The best thing IMO is sandpaper. Just a little peice on a little block. First time i sanded it by hand it came out like that. With the block it was perfect.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

im sure its more precise than when i did mine. i used grease for bearings with my fingers and a knife, lol

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

haha yeah i just tried putting chap stick on this morning before school, just to see how easy it would go on, and it just gunked all up and spread everywhere. but I'll still give it a shot

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Call me crazy, but I bet you can get a big ass jar of vasoline for like $2 at any grocery store!
                  1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

taping the area off does wonders.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

BTW, if you attach the piece of sand paper to something flat like a chunk of metal, you can sand through the logo without scuffing the surrounding paint. I've done this before and it looks great.
                      1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

couldn't you just paint the whole thing and then just sand the honda part?
                        i think i heard of people doing that

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

My buddy uses a razor blade and then a little polishing wheel on a dremel whenever he does a VC. looks great. He did mine for me. And after it was painted it was cleaned in less than 10 minutes

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=86019
                          vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

I think ill take mine to work, sand blast it and just and go from their, nice valve cover by the way

-SPADED93

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                              couldn't you just paint the whole thing and then just sand the honda part?
                              i think i heard of people doing that
                              read my original post. I did do that, only when I sanded the H part it scuffed up the surrounding area.

I think I'm just going to re spray the whole thing with a couple more coats, and then attatch the sandpaper to a block of wood and go from there.

Is there any like clear coats that are 500 degree proof? Just so like it has a nice shine, and like a protective shine. I don't want to have to remove this covere in like 4 months just to paint it again

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Working...
                              X