Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need diy grille help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need diy grille help

I know there are about a million of these threads but here it goes. i have a 90-91 grille and took it off and painted the grille black. i noticed there was a small black box that was behind the "H" emblem. Do i have to cut this out to fit a mesh grille inside, or will it fit right over it. Any help would be appreciated

I think the chrome piece has screws in the back like 92-93 try unscrewing it and fitting it in between or if it not cut off the black piece and fit it in between the same way

Comment

Originally posted by ohdengitzpat
      I know there are about a million of these threads but here it goes. i have a 90-91 grille and took it off and painted the grille black. i noticed there was a small black box that was behind the "H" emblem. Do i have to cut this out to fit a mesh grille inside, or will it fit right over it. Any help would be appreciated

i dont know about others...but i did cut mine..
      and replace it with a aftermarket "H"

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

If your not going to cut out the "H", try cutting two pieces of mesh to fit on both sides of it. Cut the black bars out of the middle, and place the mesh between the Chrome ring and the black plastic part of the grill...

Make sense?

Comment

its a DIY project. so there is no "correct" way to do it. make it how you want
          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

When I did my grill, I just left the "small black box" there so I could leave the H emblem. I just put the mesh in between the chrome trim and the grill and screwed the chrome trim back on to make it stay put.

I used 2 pieces of mesh when I did it.

(I had to go take off my grill to remember how I did it )

Hope this helped out.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

What kind of grill are you trying to make, a grill with just mesh and no "H" symbol or the grill WITH the "H" symbol and mesh on both sides?. If you want to do it with just plain mesh, then yea, you have to cut out that "H", If not, just cut off the two horinzontal lines coming from the black box on each side and just put on the mesh. I just kept the mesh in with screws..
              My Black "H"
              AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Well it depends bud..if youre gonna want it like the G-square the yes you need to cut out the entire inside portion..
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Just a personal opinion... But if you're going to put mesh in your grill spray paint it black so it doesn't look so "Fast & Furious".
                  1996 Mazda Miata.....uh, I think I made a wrong turn on the internet somewhere....

Comment

thnx for all the help guys. and yes it is goin' to be a g-square look-a-like, so i guess i have to cut the square out.

Comment

thnx for all the help guys. and yes it is goin' to be a g-square look-a-like, so i guess i have to cut the square out.
                      If you want to see how it looks done, check out my Member's Ride thread in my sig.
                      My Black "H"
                      AL Meet!?

Comment

wrong place to post, newbie plz help

i no this is the wrong place to put it but i cant seem to find it anyehere else and i though u guys could help me out on trying to find it... im lookin on diy grills
                        now i read a coiple forums and post and stuff but none of them tell u how to really do it like how to remove the grill and all that please help thanks

~los~
                        ~los cb7 tuner~

Comment

Originally posted by los510
                          i no this is the wrong place to put it but i cant seem to find it anyehere else and i though u guys could help me out on trying to find it... im lookin on diy grills
                          now i read a coiple forums and post and stuff but none of them tell u how to really do it like how to remove the grill and all that please help thanks

~los~

its in the diy
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                            its in the diy
                            x2

What kind of grill do you have a 90-91 or 92-93. I have a 90 grill and to remove the grill I just took off the screws holding it down I dont know about the 92-93's though. When you take off the stock grill, its two parts in all. A chrome section and a black section. These two sections are held together by about 10 or 12 something small screws...
                            My Black "H"
                            AL Meet!?

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
                              x2

What kind of grill do you have a 90-91 or 92-93. I have a 90 grill and to remove the grill I just took off the screws holding it down I dont know about the 92-93's though. When you take off the stock grill, its two parts in all. A chrome section and a black section. These two sections are held together by about 10 or 12 something small screws...

i got a 92 i mean this is going to be my first ext mod
                              so im not real familiar with the screws and shit but ill take a try and try to figure it out thanks

~los~
                              ~los cb7 tuner~

Comment

Working...
                              X