Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Amp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp question

so today i was bored so i hooked up my 300 watt jensen amp to my 2 rear speakers 250 watt max each so everything was hooked up correctly sounded fine with the car off but once i turned on the car the speakers gave off a very loud whinning sound and if i pushed on the gas it would get even louder...... what could be the reason for the whinning?
    TIA

91 DX F22A1 w/ CAI

That whine is alternator noise. Its either a bad ground, or your rca cables might need replaced. Check those and that SHOULD fix your problem

Comment

Make your ground short and make sure it a good solid ground. Run rca and power on opposite sides of the car.
      NEW PSN
      H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
      RIP

Comment

what type of headunit r u runnong?

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord
          what type of headunit r u runnong?
          pioneer idk the exact name of it but its only a few months old its prob my rca's there non brand name and they just look cheap and my rca cable and my power line are on the same side so im gonna have to switch one over

91 DX F22A1 w/ CAI

Comment

pioneer are known for having bad internal grounds/ in teh circuit board which draws in engine noise threw the rca pre-out. if you try to identify and isolate the noise source and if its not the ground, or rca wires it might just be the headunit or amp. try running rcas from another source into teh amp and see if u still get noise.
            Last edited by hybrid90accord; 06-05-2008, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Actually, it's not 'internal grounds', it's an internal fuse on the RCA pre-out ground that tens to blow easily, but you were close.

The easiest way to resolve this is the slit the shielding on your RCA cables (both sides) CAREFULLY, so that you only go through the plastic/rubber shielding and not through the wire inside of it, then wrap a wire around the now exposed wire, solder or tape it up and ground the wire you just soldered/taped to the chassis of the stereo.

Another option is a ground loop isolator, those can often resolve the issue so long as you ground the ground loop isolator to the stereo's chassis.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
              Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
              Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
              [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak
                Actually, it's not 'internal grounds', it's an internal fuse on the RCA pre-out ground that tens to blow easily, but you were close.

The easiest way to resolve this is the slit the shielding on your RCA cables (both sides) CAREFULLY, so that you only go through the plastic/rubber shielding and not through the wire inside of it, then wrap a wire around the now exposed wire, solder or tape it up and ground the wire you just soldered/taped to the chassis of the stereo.

Another option is a ground loop isolator, those can often resolve the issue so long as you ground the ground loop isolator to the stereo's chassis.

-mak
                no it is a ground coming off the main circuit board. i worked at a pioneer service center for 6 months. Trust me its a ground in board that is more common then a fuse. That and the ribbon cable are the most

Comment

rca's dont have fuses...... its a bad soder on the main board as stated. but this problem can also be from a shitty ground to the amp itself. dont use a seatbolt. take sandpaper and get to some bare shiny metal and screw the ground there..... just make sure its not a gas tank.... lol
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                  X