Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I need to install pioneer double din

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to install pioneer double din

I dont know how to hold the stereo without taking the dash out and braket it. there is got to be some way to hold the stereo. I dont know how. Please I need help

Originally posted by Helmito View Post
    I dont know how to hold the stereo without taking the dash out and braket it. there is got to be some way to hold the stereo. I dont know how. Please I need help
    I think you need to clarify your question. Are you having trouble installing or uninstalling?

I have a AVIC if thats what you are installing.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Okey I m sorry about that. I recently bougth a double din Fh-800bt. When I was trying to install it I realize that I did not hava a support for it. My question is the followinng. would it be enough if i buy double din kid, would this stuff make it not jump from the dash, or do I have to bracket it. In the store they told me they would have to bracket and take the dash out. What do you think?

Comment

there should be a dash kit for it so it will just clip in. if not you will definately have to go behind the dash peice and bracket it.

Member Ride Facebook
        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

Yeah buy a double-din installation kit. It will guide you on how to install it.SUPPOSEDLY you are supposed to take the whole bezel out, but I just pried to factory deck out with a flat head. You can buy these kits at Best Buy or any car audio shop.

Good luck.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

the kit sold at best buy does not do double dins for hondas (at least not my shop, others may have diff parts). the honda kits we carry are only for single din with a pocket. buy it online or at a mom n pop stereo shop.

to remove the radio there is no need to remove the whole bezel or to remove the center console even.

get a 8mm socket and ratchet. grab a flashlight/droplight. look behind the radio from down the footwell. you will see 2 8mm screws. one of the driver side and one of the pass side. just undo those, pull the radio out then pull out the other piece that those 8mm screws went through and your done! put your double din in your new kit and wire up the harness, clip in the kit.. tada.. all finished.

with any luck (assuming your a beginner) it should only take you 30 min.

Member Ride Facebook
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH View Post
              the kit sold at best buy does not do double dins for hondas (at least not my shop, others may have diff parts). the honda kits we carry are only for single din with a pocket. buy it online or at a mom n pop stereo shop.

to remove the radio there is no need to remove the whole bezel or to remove the center console even.

get a 8mm socket and ratchet. grab a flashlight/droplight. look behind the radio from down the footwell. you will see 2 8mm screws. one of the driver side and one of the pass side. just undo those, pull the radio out then pull out the other piece that those 8mm screws went through and your done! put your double din in your new kit and wire up the harness, clip in the kit.. tada.. all finished.

with any luck (assuming your a beginner) it should only take you 30 min.
              To add to the great information above;

The Metra double din kit for our cb7's comes with a plastic piece that'll mount to your double din stereo, and will bolt to the location where the stock stereo bolted down.. the Scosche kit does not come with this piece, avoid the Scosche kit, it isn't built properly and the weight of the stereo (double din) could result in the plastic trim bending over time and eventually breaking, or, at the very least, leaving your stereo mounted at a weird angle in the dash.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
              Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
              Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
              [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
                To add to the great information above;

The Metra double din kit for our cb7's comes with a plastic piece that'll mount to your double din stereo, and will bolt to the location where the stock stereo bolted down.. the Scosche kit does not come with this piece, avoid the Scosche kit, it isn't built properly and the weight of the stereo (double din) could result in the plastic trim bending over time and eventually breaking, or, at the very least, leaving your stereo mounted at a weird angle in the dash.

-mak
                x2.... metra's kits tend to be a lot stronger than schosche. i only recommend schoshe for dash replacement peices. like 05 06 toyota taco's, 06+ civics, etc..

EDIT:

Here's a pic of my kenwood

Last edited by UrDoneSRH; 07-08-2008, 03:46 PM.

Member Ride Facebook
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                X