Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

amp power cable routing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amp power cable routing?

hi, can anyone tell me where they are running their amp power cable that attaches to the battery? On my civic i had a little bung hole that came through to passenger foot well, and i ran the cable through there, under the carpets along the side, but i can seem to find a bung hole on my cb?

any help guys?

thanks in advance

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
    On my civic i had a little bung hole that came through to passenger foot well, and i ran the cable through there, under the carpets along the side, but i can seem to find a bung hole on my cb?
    Thats' exactly how I ran mine.

The "bung" hole is there... just lift the carpet up from the passenger side firewall, and you should see it.
    It's not hiding or anything.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

if you have factory fog lights installed on your accord, chances are that hole is in use already. But from the engine bay, look for the charcoal canister, inside the car it's near the ECU or above it i can't remember for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
        inside the car it's near the ECU or above it i can't remember for sure.
        It's slightly above, and a bit to the left.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i dont have front fogs, so ill have a look tomorrow for a hole

thanks guys

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

im used to alway running the power wire down the driver side, so i'll either go thru the factory wire boot, or make my own hole. but drilling is not recommended if not necessary

Comment

there should be a rubber plug in the firewall by the ecm on the passenger floor....lift carpet and up by the top right you should see it.....
              Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

I had mine ran through where the shifter cables run under center of the car. Never had a single problem. Just make sure if you do it that way, you keep it above the exhaust heat shield.
                ~Built not Bought~

--member ride page--
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130234

Comment

In mine that access hole is under(behind) ecu,so I ran it along firewall and came through the one on driverside by the fuse box under dash,then ran it under the carpet to trunk.
                  BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

seems like you guys are using extra wire to pass it on the drivers side when its not needed. theres a gromet on the passenger side, its oval shaped, slice a line in it with an exacto, tape a coat hanger to the end of your wire and feed it through. if you peel back the carpet under your dash, you'll see your coat hanger and wire come through, just pull on it and there you go, feed it along side under the carpet and under the rear seat and itll come out in your trunk.

Comment

yeah slice a little hole thru the plastic over thing. don't just take it out because you'll hear engine noise later =[

but yeah i ran a thick ass wire thru the plastic gourmet thing..

goood luck

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

lol. I don't know how many times I've use the "Tape the wire to a metal coat hanger" trick.
                        ~Built not Bought~

--member ride page--
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130234

Comment

Originally posted by midnight_1 View Post
                          lol. I don't know how many times I've use the "Tape the wire to a metal coat hanger" trick.
                          it works so freakin well, seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
                            seems like you guys are using extra wire to pass it on the drivers side when its not needed.
                            sometimes this is done for sound quality reasons.
                            when you run a power cable parallel to the signal cable, the signal cable can pick up noise from the power.
                            people going for the cleanest audio quality usually run power on one side of the car, and signal on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by mnathanielc View Post
                              sometimes this is done for sound quality reasons.
                              when you run a power cable parallel to the signal cable, the signal cable can pick up noise from the power.
                              people going for the cleanest audio quality usually run power on one side of the car, and signal on the other.
                              or once again you could save wire length and pass the RCAs and remote wire down the center.

Comment

Working...
                              X