Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

16 Ohm speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 Ohm speakers

I found a couple of nice looking 16 ohm speakers at the local Goodwill. Cause I'm cheap and experimental I thought I'd stick them in a box and see what happens. They are 8 inch speakers (I think). Anyway, How much power do I need to run these???

I have a Power Acoustik LT980-2 amplifier.
    Good things happen to people who know me.

ok your amp is 220watt x 2 channel RMS @ 4ohm

hook up a pair of 16 ohm speakers and you go to 50 watts x 2 channel

it would work and could sound good if the amp will run with that impedance
    Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

your amp will run that. its when u drop the load where people have issues. what brand speakers did u run across?? i got some yamaha's (pa speakers) and jbls one time when i cut a ladys yard
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I hope they aren't pa midranges that your looking for bass with but if you dont want them give them to me. I have a good use for them.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i have the same amp. it beats.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

wire them in parallel atleast, that way you'll get an 8ohm load, not as bad as 16. 16ohm is a hell of a lot of resistance

Comment

there load is design in mind with certain boxs (cabinets) not to mention most audio systems in cars run power that of a theatre u would sit in for movies lol. just curious though what kinda cone do these speakers have? is it a treated paper or just paper?
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

If you are trying to use them for lows , you can bridge you amp and then parallel the 2 speakers . Bridged onto an 8 ohm load won't hurt your amp , but without knowing more about the speakers I can't say how they will do .

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                  your amp will run that. its when u drop the load where people have issues. what brand speakers did u run across?? i got some yamaha's (pa speakers) and jbls one time when i cut a ladys yard
                  I don't know what brand they are. It doesn't say on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    I hope they aren't pa midranges that your looking for bass with but if you dont want them give them to me. I have a good use for them.
                    I'll try to get around to sending you some pics of them. Bug me if you don't have them in a week. I forget things all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X