Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just though id share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just though id share

Im building a new box for my friends civic, he had a regular ported box and has over the years grown out of it and has geared now towards SQ. So ive taken everything out and started a new build is a pretty simple box for a Alpine type R 12" powered off 500watts RMS the box is 2.5c@28hz. Here are a few pics of what ive done so far. It will have a plexi front and fill fire up threw the rear deck, so the sub and box insides will be showing. In inside will either be carbon weave or sprayed texture black still trying to figue out.

Last edited by hybrid90accord; 07-05-2009, 09:21 PM.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Looks nice man.

Comment

One thing i hate when people show off there magnets or subs threw a plexi-box or reverse mounting a sub is that they really dont try to hide the speaker wires so i made it an effort to try to hide the speaker wire as well as possiable. So i wrapped the speaker wire around the magnet and then caught the signal at the Type R's voice coil jumper system and soldered the wire to that and hide it as well as i could, instead of using the speaker lead inputs and have the speaker wire visual. I think the end result is nice, opinions??? The rest of the speaker wire will be hidden along the boxes top or roof, lol
      Giving the impression that the subwoofer isn't hooked up.

3/4" PLEXI ready to be cut...more pics soon i hope
      Last edited by hybrid90accord; 07-05-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

looks good is the port for design as well as sound quality?

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Originally posted by KRIS05VVTi View Post
          looks good is the port for design as well as sound quality?
          Looks like it. 28hz is pretty low.
          But what if you have 8 gauge sub wire? lol

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Looking good man, can't wait to see how it will look once done

Keep the pics coming
            "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              Looks like it. 28hz is pretty low.
              But what if you have 8 gauge sub wire? lol
              Yeah its the same tune that Image dynamic calls for when using the IDMAX, i let him hear one and he was impressed with it, he didnt have the $$$ for an IDMAX and had already purchased a Type R, and he played around with a few different boxes and port tunes and the 28hz tune was what he was happy with, as far as if i were using 8 guage i guess id be in trouble then sonik, lol

Comment

3/4" Plexiglass

Comment

clean box.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                  2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                    clean box.
                    Looks good, Im sure itll sound great
                    Its more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle!

Comment

i wouldnt mind one for my type r, seems like it dies off at 70hz. its a 10", but onl in a .75sq ported box.

very nice work

Comment

damnit i wanna start my box but sumone isz draggin ass on getting my old sub back.... looks badd ass.
                        Members Ride sold...
                        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

That sub is going to rock hard in the trunk. I need to get some subs put in mine. What kinda amp you running with it.

Comment

Originally posted by peanut07 View Post
                            That sub is going to rock hard in the trunk. I need to get some subs put in mine. What kinda amp you running with it.
                            its gonna be a alpine PDX mono block that gives the power to the sub. I think its gonna sound great since its gonna be blowing threw the rear deck since the rear deck is being re-constructed.

Comment

Seems like an awful lot of power going through a ported box if you're looking for SQ.

Clean looking build tho, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X