Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

upgrade altornator???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade altornator???

Ok do I need to upgrade if I run 1 jl 8w7 sub with a jl 500/1 amp?
    我愛我的本田

no

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      no
      True story!

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
      Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
      Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
      [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

You dont need it but i dont think it will hurt something if you get it, maybe for future upgrades, idk.
        Auto Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning and Detail Tampa

Comment

It would be cheaper just to get it re coiled but no you don't need it
          from this

Comment

Also if you plan on it, you need to upgrade the ground cable connecting to it as well. But yes, no need. Get a capacitor.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Why should he get a cap?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                Also if you plan on it, you need to upgrade the ground cable connecting to it as well. But yes, no need. Get a capacitor.
                Capacitors are virtually useless without an upgraded (high output) alternator and sufficient wiring.. and even then, you've got an upgraded alternator and shouldn't need the capacitor

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

i just found this out today....the Prelude VTEC alt. the 92-96 model year. Has a higher output than the Accord one: 95 Amps vs 80 Amps. But uses the same exact housing and mounting point. Everything down to the connector is the same as well.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    i just found this out today....the Prelude VTEC alt. the 92-96 model year. Has a higher output than the Accord one: 95 Amps vs 80 Amps. But uses the same exact housing and mounting point. Everything down to the connector is the same as well.
                    doooode!!! if you could do a DIY on how to wire it up we would have something going here

Comment

But uses the same exact housing and mounting point. Everything down to the connector is the same as well.
                      I've seen people take out their alternator, take it apart and rewire it from the inside and it put out more amps then it did before....(not much of more thoug)

BUT to answer charlies quesion no (just like sonikaccord)...you dont need to upgrade your altornator...nor a cap...and yes, caps are usefull even if you dont "upgrade (high output) alternator and sufficient wiring"...

BUT if you have a bad battery or one thats old it might die on you lol had that happend before...so might want to consider replacing/upgrading your batery...gel cells are nice and well worth an investment...

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                        doooode!!! if you could do a DIY on how to wire it up we would have something going here
                        x2

Originally posted by visualpoet
                        some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
                          x2
                          It's a direct replacement...... plug and play, no m,odification necessary

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                            It's a direct replacement...... plug and play, no m,odification necessary
                            the ONLY thing you'd need to do is swap pulley's b/c the prelude one has 5 ribs vs the accord's 4 ribs, so that'll cause some issues w/ the belt shredding. So just take out the prelude pulley it comes w/ and swap on your accord one and you're set. I've been driving w/ the prelude one for a solid week/500 miles and it works perfectly. Its about 118 dollars from Autozone, reman'd in Malaysia NOT in Mexico, with a lifetime warranty, so its of better quality. Even has the OEM "ND" stamp on the back of mine like my Honda one did.
                            Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-02-2009, 10:30 PM.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

he is perfectly fine with the altenator he has. no need to change it or have anything done to it. you good man

Comment

Working...
                              X