Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Driver Side Door Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver Side Door Speaker

hey everybody, well yesterday i tested an amp to make sure it worked before it was sent out, worked, but i noticed that my driver side door speaker isnt working, but my passenger side one was. so i took the door panel off, took out the speaker to see if there was a loose connection, nope, so i grabbed a few other speakers that i knew worked and nothing out of them. So im wondering where i can check to see if there is a loose connection, or if the wire was touched by water and messed up. well thanks ahead of time.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Do u have an aftermarket deck? Well regardless, I would pull the deck out and check that connection too if u haven't already.

Comment

is it possible from behind the deck? i mean like to be pulled apart, cause i solder them and heat shrink on top, but ill check that tomorrow considering its dark out. any more suggestions if its not back there?

Comment

Shit, IDK homie. I would start first with the obvious shit, like checking the connections at the speaker and on the deck. After that I'm assuming it has to be that particular wire, which u would have to follow all through out where ever to see if its corroded somewhere or pinched and shorting. I've personally never run into that problem, without it being a connection. I wish I had some more advice, I'm kinda curious what the hell it could be so keep me posted.

Comment

Although it could be a wiring issue in-line to the door speaker on that side, I kinda think it's more an issue up near behind your HU somewhere. Same thing happened to me, I pulled the HU out and voila a lead had come undone. That'd be my first guess

life is good.

Comment

what you could do is disconnect that particular speaker wire(s) and test if it works by connecting it to a 9volt battery and see if it clicks. If it does click your set, no shorts. but if it doesn't you might have to run a new wire from the HU to the speaker.

I feel like its my fault lol

Rip It Up
            Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

what you could do is disconnect that particular speaker wire(s) and test if it works by connecting it to a 9volt battery and see if it clicks. If it does click your set, no shorts. but if it doesn't you might have to run a new wire from the HU to the speaker.

I feel like its my fault lol

Rip It Up
              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

its to cold out at night here so i have to check it tomorrow, and its not your fault lol, it didnt work before, but that day it bothered me, but i was glad it worked and i could make a sale!

Comment

Same here bro but with my driver side door speaker. Pulled out my HU and one of the wires was disconnected so check the easy possibilities first

Comment

if its not a loose wire then i would suggest just throwing speaker wire from radio to the door instead of giving ur self a head ache about it...
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

Alright guys found out the problem it was one wire from the back of the HU, re soldered everything back together and ready to go back in the car. thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X