Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"big 3". suggestions for battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"big 3". suggestions for battery

92 honda accord lx auto f22a1. my sound system puts out 1200 watts at most. so far upgraded to 130 amp alt, 4 gauge wires and 0 gauge grounds. now im going to get rid of my everstart battery. ive been wanting an optime yellow top but they are too expensive. what are some other really good powerfull batteries that will fit my car.

I have an Optima red top. Works just fine for me, but if you have a system and plan on running it off of the battery for any extended amount of time, get the yellow top. It's designed to be completely discharged.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Diehard platinums are good

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

im willling to spend 150$ at most. i know the yellow tops are 200$. just wondering if theres anything compatible with those batteries and are bit less expensive

Comment

have you looked into KINETEC batts? sometimes they are cheaper on ebay.
          RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

I'm running a Dekka AGM battery that I picked for $100, not the most powerful CCA but Dekka rates CCA at 0 degrees whereas other companies CCA is rated at 32 degrees. I've had it 3yrs with no problems (a 2 week stint in Ottawa during February and it worked fine), my previous Yellowtop didn't make it 2yrs.

Comment

take a look into shuriken batts i know u said $150 but this batt is just over that and the specs are beast and should fit heres a link http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...N-SK-BT60.html

Comment

Why not just wait and save the extra $50 and buy the Optima yellow top. You know the saying DO IT ONCE DO IT RIGHT.

Comment

Optima surken....whitch is kinetic. xs and stinger which is also xs are all good batts
                  My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

well it all depends on what the owner wants to buy. every one has there own favorite batts.

Comment

I use Optima red tops in all my rides and run fairly large systems. They are very good batteries, but as other have said it depends on your plans. There are other good batteries available.
                      93 CB7 SE Coupe
                      00 EJ6 Sedan
                      12 Pilot Touring
                      08 Altima Coupe V6 SE

Comment

I have a exide battery. it can really take a beating. i sit in my car and listen to the radio up loud with the car off for like 30 minutes at a time and the battery always turns the car over like its new.

Comment

I work at Big Boy, and last sunday they had a car show. There was cars there with massive sound systems, and most of them had kinetic.

Comment

in the drag racing world optima batteries used to be the hot ticket... but a few years back the quality went right in the toilet. they won't even last a year anymore for anyone. aren't you guys having the same issues? i probably would look into something different if it were my money...

flame on
                            '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by JBradley500 View Post
                              in the drag racing world optima batteries used to be the hot ticket... but a few years back the quality went right in the toilet. they won't even last a year anymore for anyone. aren't you guys having the same issues? i probably would look into something different if it were my money...

flame on
                              ive owned a few optimas, they are crap!

Comment

Working...
                              X