Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Noise in the trunk area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise in the trunk area

i got a 10inch alpine type x dat shakes my and even vibrates my seats (;. But for some reason i hear like metal shaking in the trunk everytime the bass kicks in, im thinking its not the emergency tire part, because theres no metal there, but it sounds like its the top of the trunk, any1 ever had this sound or any noise at all in their cb7, and if yu did, how did yu fix it?

That's a pretty common fix. Use some sound deadening on the trunk lid, rear deck, license plate. You can get in your trunk and brace the panel with your hand. If it stops rattling, deaden that area.

second skin
    Dynamat
    Raammat BXT II
    SDS Tiles
    Audiotechnix

These are some brands you can search for reviews and applications

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      You can get in your trunk and brace the panel with your hand.
      Lol I can just imagine somebody all crammed in the trunk with the bass pumping trying to locate the rattling.

But anyways yeah your trunk is going to probably rattle in a couple of different places if u haven't added any sound deadening. There are some bars that go across the rear deck lid right underneath the rear speakers that like to rattle as well. U can stuff some towels or something in there to keep them from rattling. And like already said, dynomat the trunk lid and behind the license plate area.

Comment

hushmat the entire deck lid and especially behind the tag. then do under the back dash and tighten all bolts/screws.
        SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          That's a pretty common fix. Use some sound deadening on the trunk lid, rear deck, license plate. You can get in your trunk and brace the panel with your hand. If it stops rattling, deaden that area.

second skin
          Dynamat
          Raammat BXT II
          SDS Tiles
          Audiotechnix

These are some brands you can search for reviews and applications
          thank youu same problemm !

Comment

Originally posted by candydakscb View Post
            thank youu same problemm !
            how much weight roughly would you be adding?

Comment

Not enough to slow you down

Comment

Could be the speakers' bolts. The 6x9 in the back maybe jump a bit when the bass hits

Comment

Originally posted by android_proball View Post
                  Could be the speakers' bolts. The 6x9 in the back maybe jump a bit when the bass hits
                  iv always had a little rattle on the passenger rear side sounds under or around my speakers, could be the bolt ends smacking those little black bars from the trunk. justt my experiencee

Comment

Hurray for ghetto rattle.
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Nobody says "Ebonics" anymore... It's thoroughly racist to assume that only black people talk like idiots. This site is proof that EVERYONE, of every cultural background, is capable of talking (or rather, typing) like a total fucking moron.

Comment

Originally posted by android_proball View Post
                      My speakers used to do that. if it is that just get some lock nuts and the bass won't work them out.

Comment

you sure you dont have someone trapped in the trunk banging on it to let them out? just messing with ya i would recommend sound deadener or what ever its called or a diy sound deadening by putting material on the trunk lid and other metal parts of the trunk to reduce vibrations

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

my spoiler rattles or at least i think it does. could also be the trunk lid, only notice it when im outside next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyychriss123 View Post
                            my spoiler rattles or at least i think it does. could also be the trunk lid, only notice it when im outside next to it.
                            I ripped my wing in half from my bass it rattled like mo fo. Most of the time its the license plate that rattles. If its your trunk lid you'll need to put a new seal on it and change the trunk lid hight to make it not vibrate mine didn't tho so I'm guessing that's not your problem. Unless your louder then me.
                            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                              Unless your louder then me.
                              Prolly,, considering YOUR SHITS WEAKKKK

8 Accords so far:
                              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Working...
                              X