Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock Radio Bad reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Radio Bad reception

Over a year now I've had crappy reception on this, scrapyard, stock radio... its all installed perfect that was easy.. but my station/s only works when im at work, 15 miles north..

as i drive home it dies out to nothing...

antenna is there, and hooked up...but id like to replace it..!

anyone have ideas on a good new antenna set up i should look into please?!?! brand, kinds.. I dont even know where to look ... the shark fin thing looks cool.. and the antenna in the bumper was badass too...

NOTE.. all my other vehicles get all my stations just fine at home.

There's a DIY on here for an antenna regrease if you're problem has anything to do with it not going up.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

or use the antenna defrost diy. id do that.
      COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by 90blueCb7 View Post
        the shark fin thing looks cool.. and the antenna in the bumper was badass too..
        The shark fin would be best mounted to your roof. You would then have to either shave your old one or plug the hole. And the antenna in the bumper isn't a radio antenna, its a bumper pole used for parking. U should just go with a stock replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
          The shark fin would be best mounted to your roof. You would then have to either shave your old one or plug the hole. And the antenna in the bumper isn't a radio antenna, its a bumper pole used for parking. U should just go with a stock replacement.
          haha still sounds badass! thanks for the knowledge!

antenna defrost diy... sounds fun...! thanks guys!

Comment

Defrost sounds fun but you won't have radio reception while defroster is on.

In my case I can't use it cause every morning have to use defroster for 10 or more min.

Comment

Originally posted by dejan225 View Post
              Defrost sounds fun but you won't have radio reception while defroster is on.

In my case I can't use it cause every morning have to use defroster for 10 or more min.
              Yea.. I have to defrost most mornings, but only for 10 mins like u said... then its all talk radio till I get to work anyway...

Its really for my ride home, blasting tunes in traffic... and no defrost needed then... however Im still debating on some actual type of antenna, somewhere on the roof, as I have already shaved and tossed the stock one...

I was thinking maybe something like a jetta antenna...

OR

Comment

On my old sedan, I shaved my antenna and installed an Audi roof antenna with a shortened mast. It looks pretty clean if u do it correctly. I suggest this over the shark fin.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                  On my old sedan, I shaved my antenna and installed an Audi roof antenna with a shortened mast. It looks pretty clean if u do it correctly. I suggest this over the shark fin.
                  Agreed! It does look good too!

Comment

Working...
                  X