Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cluster issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what about swapping whole clusters and not the parts inside?

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

As I described above, 90-91 clusters plugs are different from 92-93 and vice versa. You cannot fit a 92-93 cluster into a 90-91 because the plugs are all different sizes.

Unless you want to cut your plugs of and do some custom wiring, that's about the only way I could see making it work.

Tidbit:

My coupe was built 8/90 in Ohio, equipped with an NS cluster

The parts sedan I have right now was built 11/90 in Japan with a Nippo Denso cluster

Comment

What I guess I am trying to ask is if you have a 92 and it came with the denso cluster will a NS cluster from the same year work without modification?

Comment

Short answer, no.

Comment

...crap

Comment

I only speak from experience, as I have mix n matched every possible combination of cluster. You have to stick with what you have when you replace it. Nothing else will work.

One of the very few specific parts.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                Once you disassemble the cluster, all 4 gauges are separate and can be replaced individually.

...What you need to look out for if you're swapping parts from your cluster, is that you will need to find a matching cluster.

... 90-91 clusters are different from 92-93 clusters, as the pig tails and the wire harness plugs (the 3 main green plugs) are different sizes and do not fit.
                You can use the later model's temp and fuel gauge in the older cluster, provided they are the NIPPON SEIKO ones.

Comment

I'll need to check on that. I have a 93 cluster, but I think it's an ND. I'd tried to replace the entire fuel/temp gauge face and cluster, but it seemed it didn't fit in my 9091 NS cluster.

Comment

Working...
                  X