Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Drivers side window rolls down slow, gets stuck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers side window rolls down slow, gets stuck.

So, I just got this car, and I'm trying to fix up everything on it. One thing I'm having problems with is the drivers side window. It'll roll up and down fine til about 1/3 of the way down. after that, i have to hold it down and it'll roll down slowly, while I push down the top of the window. I have pulled the door panel and tried to spray grease over the motor and the track, and it moves a little easier, but it still gets stuck about halfway down. This is the first power window motor i've ever had, so I'm really not sure how to mess with em. Any suggestions as to what I should do now?

Have you looked at the rubber seal on the top of the door panel? On mine that rubber seal would make my window slow down about half way down. I don't know, just a thought. Is the window tilting when you roll it up? It might be out of track, or the wires inside the power window assembly are getting rolled uneven.
    Here is one example of what you could buy if the problem is the electric motor/window assembly.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Window-R...4a8a4b&vxp=mtr

Comment

I did a little searching, and on someone's thread i found someone who mentioned the bolts that hold the window to the track, and i messed with those and got the window all lined back up, and loaded the track and motor with white lithium grease and it works like a charm now! Although the white lithium is a bitch to get off the windows haha

Comment

I've had a similar problem with mine. My window completely stopped working and when I replaced the motor it didn't fix anything. I figured out I had the regulator unspooled and bolted in the wrong places. After I got this fixed, it rolls down fine but when I go to roll it up, it comes out of track about halfway up. I have to roll it back down until I hear it pop back in and then I can roll it back up fine. The top of the window sticks out a little and water gets in if it rains. Still gotta figure out if the track is bent or what's wrong.

Comment

i used to have this problem. i rolled all my windows down. i then took a rag soaked in rubbing alcohol, the good shit. i cleaned everything out of the track, all the grease, all the dirt. once i was sure it was clean, i got a bottle of aerosol silicone lubricant, and sprayed it all up in that bitch.

1000x better. all my windows used to get stuck going up, would be really slow, pop out of the track, motors would click, etc etc. all gone now. much faster.

Comment

I'm having similar issues with my CB. Glad I read this thread. Gonna try cleaning the tracks this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by E-TECH View Post
              I'm having similar issues with my CB. Glad I read this thread. Gonna try cleaning the tracks this weekend.

I recommend the white lithium grease just from personal experience

Comment

Originally posted by Thenderson2011 View Post
                I recommend the white lithium grease just from personal experience

I think I'll do just that. Thanks buddy.

Comment

I'm having a similar issue, but I don't have power windows. The driver window will roll up to the top then pop out of the track. It's definitely due to a botched weather strip repair attempt. Is there any easy way to fix the stripping? I need to still pull all the calking out of it that was left by the previous owner :/

Comment

It's either that or more likely the window is NOT positioned on the regulator correctly. Loosen some of the gold bolts a bit and pull the entire mechanism and window a bit down and then to the top. Manually hold the window so it won't budge a faction while you tighten the bolts and try the power up and down.
                    Also check the small roller wheels on regulator for being wobbly. I don't know how to repair that so I got another regulator.....then the car was stolen..never got the outcome.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

once you get the doorpanel off its really straight forward. you can clean the tracks with Q tips and rubbing alcohol first, then spray silicone lubricant in the track rails and run more fresh q tips through there. if that still doesnt work then replacing the motor is not hard either

Comment

Many of the things mentioned above is all possibilities. From experience helping a friend one time a few years ago, pay attention to where your hands and fingers are , if you have the door panel off. If you have your hand or fingers inside the door and you hit the button, you can easily smash or even break a finger. Remember safety first!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

I had the same problem, I tried many ways and after a few days, its come with the same problem till, rubber around the windows was changed, not more problems after that.

Comment

Sounds like your motor and regulator is fine.
                            Replace the window run-channel.
                            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

I had this same problem and all I did was take the door panel off and take q-tips and run them inside the track to clean the tracks out.

Then I used Silicon lubricant and used the q-tips again to coat the inside of the tracks with the lubricant.

This made a huge difference and my window no longer sticks.

Comment

Working...
                              X