Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Subwoofer shuts off after a few seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFISHTHECREATOR View Post
    i would say throw the boss amp in the trash and any boss equipment in the trash. that's where it belongs - no offense -
    why does everyone trash boss.

Comment

If you look inside a boss amp, they have some of the cheapest boards, components, build quality you can get. It's a very generic design. They overinflate their numbers...just bottom of the barrel amps.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

anyone who asks "why does everyone trash boss?" probably wouldnt know quality sound if it were to pull its dong out and slap their wife in the face with it....no offense.

common sense doesnt seem to be too common when speaking cheap audio garbage anymore.
        SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Austin View Post
          why does everyone trash boss.
          Because if you tested the actual rated power of Boss amplifiers, it would do no where near rated power. In the mainstream audio world, you need to for things like an amp being CEA compliant. When its CEA compliant, it does rated power.
          93 4dr ex 5 speed
          97 Integra DB7

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
            anyone who asks "why does everyone trash boss?" probably wouldnt know quality sound if it were to pull its dong out and slap their wife in the face with it....no offense.

common sense doesnt seem to be too common when speaking cheap audio garbage anymore.
            I had a pair of 15s I bought for $50 from a buddy one time, he found them cleaning houses out. When I brought them home, they wouldn't push at all, so I tore them down and saw that the coil came un-glued. I swear the speakers and box looked pristine, like they never had gotten any use. That was my first impression of boss, but at least I got a decent box out of it.
            For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Overheating amp causing it to shut off. I had this issue for awhile in my old car.

Comment

Is it actually shutting off or going into protect mode?

Comment

How thick is your + and - cable?
                  To me, this sounds like a problem with too much punch where there's too little juice. So if the amp jumps into protection mode, it's because it either gets overheated physically, or it's set to punch out too much juice when there's not enough juice to give.

Comment

regardless of it being boss or not , i will shed some knowledge.

First is check the amp fuses.

next check if it goes into protection mode.

check your inline fuse(power wire)

if you have one. if the fuses are bad , replace them.

if it still goes into protection mode or shuts off , check your ground(s).

If and when you look at the grounds, remove the ground , and see if there's paint.

If there is paint, sand it to bare metal.

even if there isnt paint , still sand it , and secure the ground(s) tight.

If the problem still persists , then replace your RCA wires.

if it still doesn't work , replace the amp.

*EDIT*
                    This is if you know the sub is in working condition
                    Last edited by JFISHTHECREATOR; 12-13-2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Could also be the subs voice coil overheating. Has happened to me before with cheaper subs. Would pound like crazy for a min, then shut down til it's cooled. Then eventually blow altogether.

Comment

The amp won't shut down because the voice coil gets hot. There is no way for the amp to know that the sub is hot. The OP hasn't responded in 6 months...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

either a ground or a crap amp. Boss products are not very good. Now if you don't want to spend much at all 2 duals in a bandpass box ain't half bad I was happy with them. Also check out mtx terminators on Amazon. That's the system I have and it hits damn hard even after 8 months (also I have a alpine amp)
                          1991 cb7 daily driver and huge project

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/pu...tml?sort=3&o=1

Comment

Working...
                          X