Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OEM keyless from a newer car into my 91 Accord wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM keyless from a newer car into my 91 Accord wagon

Ok so I already have the keyless entry remote and the Omron transponder box from an 03 Element. I was wondering if it it is even possible to wire this up so I have keyless on my car. I know I could get an aftermarket alarm etc. I just think it'd be cool to have an OEM key fob instead of some generic aftermarket one.

Is your wagon an EX that has keyless entry from the factory?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Those use a single wire serial communication bus. I have a feeling it is a standard protocol that ford and Chrysler use but Honda gives no info on it. To use it you need to translate serial data and build a circuit for what you want. Or you could get the interior fuse and use it since that where all the translation happens on the Element.
      Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Is your wagon an EX that has keyless entry from the factory?
        No, it's an LX.

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
        Those use a single wire serial communication bus. I have a feeling it is a standard protocol that ford and Chrysler use but Honda gives no info on it. To use it you need to translate serial data and build a circuit for what you want. Or you could get the interior fuse and use it since that where all the translation happens on the Element.
        You man the fuse box under the dash?

Comment

What your asking is NOT easy, and honestly not something id bother with. Modern OEM keyless units use a communication bus, as described. I dont even know anyone thats been succesful in doing this. Have you considered retrofitting the internals of a generic Keyless remote into an OEM one? moving switches around to fit a new look OEM remote will be alot easier than using an oem Keyless entry setup.

you could use one from a car that still uses standard wiring. i know a 97-01 Prelude alarm would work. Maybe s2k may work? ive never bothered though. you can buy OEM blanks off ebay, a generic keyless for $20, and then all youd need to do it is Remove the switch from the generic remote, using small gauge wiring Then wire the Switch to the original board, Then Either plastic weld or hot glue the switches in place.

much, much, MUCH easier than bothering with all this OEM keyless crap.

The only difference would be how the box under the dash looks.

Do you really care that much about a box??
          sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

I would suggest pulling everything out of a newer car related to the lock system that you can. While it is true that new cars use a CAN bus instead of the old method of turning on wires to communicate data the final result is it still controls a motor so as long as you have all the parts and a book for the car you pull the system from to wire everything back up correctly you should be okay.

I've never done this before but contemplating it.
            92 Honda Accord LX

Comment

Working...
            X