Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speaker Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Suggestion

I want a little more bass in the car but nothing obnoxious and ghetto. What would be good?

well u could go with good 6x9's in the back and 6.5's in the front....

Comment

wouldnt it also depend on the amp powering the speakers?

so look into how much power u want in ur mids

i have 300watt 6.5" all around but no mid-range amp, it goes directly to my headunit(which has a buildin 50Wx4 amp). to me it hits way better than stock, but no rattle whatsoever

Comment

some good 6.5s up front, on a small amp, some 6.5s or 6x9s in the back, powered off of the head unit, and a 10" sub in the back in a small sealed box. you will still have plenty of trunk space, but great SQ and a good listening range for any kind of music

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
          some good 6.5s up front, on a small amp, some 6.5s or 6x9s in the back, powered off of the head unit, and a 10" sub in the back in a small sealed box. you will still have plenty of trunk space, but great SQ and a good listening range for any kind of music
          This is a great example. Everything listed by mondo would make for a killer little set-up. I was gonna say something similar, but instead, here's the brands that I would reccomend:

Sub: Kicker. Comp VR. 'Nuff said
          Sub Amp: I have a Kenwood amp that is a trooper and was pretty cheap. You can get one for relatively cheap and nothing more then like 300 watts is needed for the woofer.
          6.5"s front and back and/or 6"x9"s in back: I would reccomend Kenwoods here again. I have Kenwood 6" speakers in my doors and 6"x9"s in the rear and they sound great. I have them off of the head-unit alone, but a small amp (200x4) would make them sound even better.

So as you can see I am kind of a Kenwood and kicker nut, but that's only because to me they sound nice and I got them for a pretty good price. You could go with a Wal-Mart set-up, and yeah, it might sound decent, but you'll be replacing it in a year or so.

Hope anything here helps, BTW, what head-unit do you have right now?
          John "Heavy Q"

Comment

Some good 6.5's up front off the head unit and some 6x9's in the rear off a small amp (200-300 watt)
            Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

try some alpine type s 6.5's, i just got 4 all around and they're impressivley bassy...and not too much bass, and they're clear as hell...i recommend them .

Comment

I have 6.5'' type R for the rear speakers in my 89 accord, and if I put the music to loud, I have to remove some bass cause they jump to high.
                since I didn't begin installing them in my cb7, I connected them to my mini systeme. they are really great. maybe I'll try them in front and put my infinity speakers in the back.

Comment

i picked up a set of pioneer 6x9's for the back and 6.5" for the front. they are wired to my headunit with no amp. it would definetly sound alot better amped but im not going to go that route on my cb7 since id rather spend the $$$ on mods. it definetly sounds a hell of alot better than those 14 yrs. old paper speakers that were in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X