Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JVC Head Unit KD-G720

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVC Head Unit KD-G720

Went out to Best Buy today to browse consumer electronics, and pick up a Yung Joc CD... Ended up walking out with a KD-G720 (50wx4) Head unit. In my whip i've got two Kenwood 9"s in the rear, two Kenwood 5"s in the front, and two Kenwood 3" 3-ways in the doors as well. Took me about 20 minutes to install the unit, standard rewiring etc, so if you have experience, it's easy. The unit has the USB input which is the reason I wanted it in the first place, and it's the middle class of the JVC line. I was previously running a Kenwood KDC-V6017 head unit, (47wx4) and I could tell a noticeable difference in sound quality and overall power. I have long since removed the two JL w7 12" subs, so I am not used to the assload of bass I used to blow, but now my system actually sounds throatier... I may even go out and get a set of subs again. I spent all day today ripping every CD I could find and loading up multiple USB keys.

I very much like this product and I recommend it. I spent $179 at Best Buy for it, and it's daddy is only $229. I bought this unit as a tester since I am a Kenwood man, but I plan on buying the KD-G820 which looks a bit nicer and has the EL-Organic liquid display, and tossing this one into the wife's car.

Overall, great buy, especially if you can get it at any discount.

That headunit sounds nice, but how about some pics of it in the car?

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I personally don't like the look of it too much, but that seems to be the way most newer headunits look. I like the oldschool modular subdued look, rather than the grey/silver standing out look. Ill post some pictures once I get new batteries for my camara. I have like 4 dozen batteries but the wife hid them on me. =/

Comment

This is my old HU, Kenwood. <3

This is while loading the USB

Displays Artist - Yung Joc

Displays track - (Yung Joc) "I'm Him"

Comment

thats dope man, if it has an aux plug in the back you can connect your ipod directly. just a hint
          91jdmcb7

Comment

its a pretty nice headunit, since its got the usb plug and play, but jvc has an entirety i believe is a lower end audio source. good luck with your purchase
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

True, true. Only $179 and Its kinda ugly. BUT it has the USB which, (I now have five 1gb keys) to me, is the best kind of disc changer. I dont have expensive CD's laying in my car to steal, I dont have a CD changer, which takes up space... and could be stolen, and I dont have to run wires to wherever the changer would be. Theres no alternator interference, and it is quick to seek between "albums."

So when we are talking about lower end appliances, ok, I dont even like JVC, but the other brands I do like are behind the curve in my area. Let them catch up with distrobution, and I will go with an alpine or kenwood. But until then, this one is just fine!

(It will be going into the wife's Chevy Cavalier *shudder* after I find a better USB deck.)

It also does have the iPod plugin as well, it is an extra plugin that has a wire that hides under the dash with a clip.

Comment

not my style but deff an upgrade from your old one

Comment

Working...
                X