Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bose ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bose ???

any one know anything about the acura legend bose amplifier? What impedence does it operate at? 1ohm? can i use any bose receiver with it? Thinking about a maxima bose cd/tape receiver. I want the bose system in my car. it sounds clearer and crisper than ANY aftermarket system i have eve heard. What other hondas came with bose?

"...B*tch got out the car lookin more like Freddy Jackson"

Well my white ex-r four door has an amplifier under the rear deck! I dont know if its a bose product! I know that alpine made products for our hondas! Sorry im not much(any) help!

WaC!

Comment

The SE came with Bose system.

Will's Accord

Comment

the bose is good for decent listening but if u bump it up it aint all that great....what nice is the speaker pod boxz.....they also came in the accord befor our generation cb's

Comment

Bose amps/speakers were used in the '89 SE-i and '93 SE. I don't recall this being available in the '91 SE.
          '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
          EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Bose or the stereo systems that come in the higher end cars are designed specifically for those cars. R&D go into them, some are advanced to change accordingly (speed, interior noise cancelling). Look at the stereo sytem in the Acura RLs. Speakers/amps that sound good in one car may not sound so good in others, but without testing I can't really say I'm 100% sure on that. Just out of curiosity why Bose? Why not Harmon Kardon? I have always been a fan of MB Quartz (and Boston Acoustic). There are other speakers/amps that outperform the stock Bose systems and may even be cheaper.

Comment

because of their ability to run at one ohm. thats why i want them.

Comment

Originally posted by onyx10
                because of their ability to run at one ohm. thats why i want them.
                being able 2 run a 1ohm means nothing, how many 1 ohm componets do you see on the market not many, Do you even know the signal to noise ratio of it? How many watts RMS is produces? Just because soem factory bose amps run at a low impedence doesnt mean its good. That why as a installer myself with most cars that come factory amplified we by pass the factory amp to get better sound with aftermarket recievers. You must not hear any good sounds systems then to think that a factory sound system can out perform a good aftermarket system, the only car IMO that somes with an above the normal factory sound system is the LEXUS sc430 with the mark.L system in it.
                Last edited by hybrid90accord; 10-20-2006, 11:47 AM.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord
                  being able 2 run a 1ohm means nothing, how many 1 ohm componets do you see on the market not many, Do you even know the signal to noise ratio of it? How many watts RMS is produces? Just because soem factory bose amps run at a low impedence doesnt mean its good. That why as a installer myself with most cars that come factory amplified we by pass the factory amp to get better sound with aftermarket recievers. You must not hear any good sounds systems then to think that a factory sound system can out perform a good aftermarket system, the only car IMO that somes with an above the normal factory sound system is the LEXUS sc430 with the mark.L system in it.
                  so how much would i be paying for all this equipment? hmmm heres an idea i have a complete bose system off a maxima that my boy GAVE to me after he spent $900 on his aftermarket stereo head unit, speakers, and amplifier and it sounds no where near as good as his bose did.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                    Bose or the stereo systems that come in the higher end cars are designed specifically for those cars. R&D go into them, some are advanced to change accordingly (speed, interior noise cancelling). ...
                    onyx10, you didn't read that part carefully. ^^ It may also explain why your friend's basic system didn't impress you.

To whatever extent a Bose system sounds good has nothing directly to do with the dedicated amp being "a 1 ohm amp." Hell, a lot of times the amps are located at each speaker --- if this is the case with the Maxima system do you have the same space available in your car? And some Bose Maxima systems used proprietary antenna connections because of the diversity tuner.

Go ahead and try the system, since it was free. At least you'll have a matched system. Only fly in the ointment is, your CAR isn't a Maxima, which is specifically what that system was EQ'd for. Bose engineers also take into account the OEM tires when designing a system. Are you running the same type of tire as well?
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

did aftermarket companies take into consideration the tires youre running? one could use that same argument right? My BASIC questions were "any one know anything about the acura legend bose amplifier? What impedence does it operate at?1ohm? can i use any bose receiver with it? Thinking about a maxima bose cd/tape receiver. I want the bose system in my car. it sounds clearer and crisper than ANY aftermarket system i have eve heard. What other hondas came with bose?
                      I got the system FREE and want to experiment with it. Now all those ideas have been put into circulation for me but at the end of the day i was doing this anyways and just wanted to know about hardware compatibility not tuning. I think people are getting the nature of this thread misconstrued.
                      Last edited by onyx10; 10-20-2006, 03:07 PM.

Comment

ok let me just state that my car came with Bose and all the speakers and deck were replaced in around 98, cause thats the stamped date on the stuff. anyway it was fuckin terrible sounding, the front speakers are about 2 3/4" and the rear are 6x9" and theres no tweeters in them there like 1 way , there was a crappy bose amp in the rear, I got the car rewierd to my pioneer deck and infinity 6.5s and 6x9's and its 1000X better sounded that the bose crap. bose is terrible, Buy Other Sound Equipment, no highs no lows must be BOSE. oh btw the bose system that came in my car is 4 ohms like any other car stereo

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Bose is OK, but not worth the trouble of retrofitting, even if you got it free. I'd Ebay the stuff and buy a decent system.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                            ...Buy Other Sound Equipment, no highs no lows must be BOSE...
                            Priceless. Where this company excels is in the marketing dept. And markup dept. too.
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by onyx10
                              did aftermarket companies take into consideration the tires youre running? one could use that same argument right?
                              No, you can't turn this around on me. My point --- which you have ignored --- is that Bose components are designed to work as a system. Bust up the system and all semblance of flat response is gone.

So in your example, unless you're also going to use the Acura's speakers and HU too you'll be disapointed. Bose HUs do not output a flat signal. Bose (car) speakers do not reproduce a flat spectrum --- they aren't designed to. But when put together, it evens out.

But even with all of that, the system's response is further tailored to the car and yes, the OEM tires. It's a great idea in theory, actually.

Look, I'm not trying to necessarily talk you out of it. You may love it, and more power to you. All I'm doing is correcting a few factual errors. Whether or not you take them to heart and let them influence your decision remains yours alone.
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                              X