Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cu. ft. per chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cu. ft. per chamber

I have two 10s in a sealed box that has .65 cu. ft. per chamber.

If I make a box that is 1.0 per sub would this make much of a difference in bass. It would probably be ported to.

Changing the internal volume of your subwoofer enclosure will have a huge impact on how the bass will sound. Adding a port will change things up as well. Ported usually is boomier(some think 'louder'). Just make sure you say within the TS parameters of the subs you're using.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

they should give you the airspace for ported or sealed

Comment

Originally posted by accordoholic
        I have two 10s in a sealed box that has .65 cu. ft. per chamber.

If I make a box that is 1.0 per sub would this make much of a difference in bass. It would probably be ported to.

"Probably be ported"? Find out what the driver manufacturer recommends, do NOT guess.
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

It says for a sealed box volume: 0.93 cu. ft. and for a ported box volume: 0.78 cu. ft. for the subs. So what would happen if the box is ported but it's 1.0 cu ft. for each. The bass would just be less accurate right?

Comment

It says for a sealed box volume: 0.93 cu. ft. and for a ported box volume: 0.78 cu. ft. for the subs. So what would happen if the box is ported but it's 1.0 cu ft. for each. The bass would just be less accurate right?
            Yes, the bass would be less acurate. HOWEVER, the main thing it could do is damage the speakers. Subs need certain volumes in order to work correctly. By going outside of the specifications outlined by the manufacturer, you stand the chance of damaging your stuff.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

also u need to know what the sub displaces when it is put in the box. because when u place the sub it takes up space so it takes from your total u wanna add that in when building!!!! ur .78 sounds decent depending on the sub. but thats the chamber in which the sub sits. once u get that much space u then need to find out how much port volume u need. tell me what kinda subs and i will see what i can work out for ya!!!
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

x2^^^

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Depending on what sub you go with, 1.0 cube ported might be okay.

Comment

he should be fine if he goes 1.0 cf ive made boxes 3x the appropriate size and never damaged the drivers from overexcursion or too much power so dude play with different boxes till u find what fits your application best

Comment

Working...
                    X