Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

connecting headunit incorrectly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting headunit incorrectly?

So if the wires for the front speakers are connected to the rear speakers, what would happen? Would the sound have weaker bass? Since the rears give out more bass and the fronts is design for more treble?

Im asking because after installing my new headunit i've realised the bass is really shit, short thumping bass, quite weak..Compared to my old headunit...

The old headunit was 15x4watt, shitty one but atleast the sound was reasonable, the new headunit is 50x4watt but the bass is shit, treble is fine but the bass sounds like somethings missing...

Its a soundstorm headunit by the way, i know its shit but could it be that the wires were connected wrong?

Thanks peeps

Either way, front or rear, they put out equally, except that power wise, I found that the rear outputs are slightly higher considering the length it has to run to the rear speakers. If anything your e.q. may be shot or not "in-tune". Fiddle with the e.d. for a bit and see if you can balance it out. I had a similar problem and I fiddled with the e.q for a bit then it sounded great. If anything if it doesnt solve it, you may need a small 4 channel amp to help your headunit.

Comment

well it really doesnt matter if you hook up the rears in the front and vise versa, only thing is your balance and fader will be off thats all, the problem your having is that you hooked up your speakers out of faze, which means is that there cancelling eachother out meaning weak bass sounding real flat, just go to the back speakers and switch one of the speakers terminals, negative to the positive and vise versa, that will fix your problem

Comment

ya i agree with airride accord out of phase... the only thing that the distance of speaker wire is gonna do is add more resistance to the circuit.... which when it really comes down to it isnt going to make an audible difference in your bass...or treble... or nething for that matter.

Member Ride Facebook
        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

Well yeah, for the last post from me is only if you are sure they are in phase (all hitting one way) and it still sounded flat. But I do agree to check the phasing first then the e.q.

Comment

Yea thats makes sense. A quick check to see if you have the wires reversed, find the fader and set it to "front" if all the sound comes out of the rear, then their crossed. Make sense, but it sounds like you wired something wrong. Are you using factory or aftermarket speakers, cuz that could make a big difference too. Factory ones are just going to sound like crap.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

By the way, what is an F22A9? Didn't think that exsisted, least not Stateside, you mean A6?

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

an easy way to get around having your speakers out of phase is to jsut buy the speaker harnesses, we sell for 7.99 a pair at bestbuy.. or if u think you crossed it at the deck, just get the factory wire harness (model #70-1720). i dont know why everyone loves cutting off factory plugs, keep it simple and clean. having connectors hanging everywhere looks like ass.

Member Ride Facebook
                XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

Okay thanks for all the input peeps..

Air ride Accord: Ive been quite busy with work and havent had the chance to try that yet, So your talking about the two wires that run into the speakers yeah? Switch them around and then test it right? I'll try it soon, after work tmr, hope it brings back the bass..

Oranger: The f22a9 is what all the cb7's in Australia all had, i couldnt find much info on that engine but thats what it says on my engine.

Comment

yeah just go to one of the rear speakers and switch your positive and put it on the negative and the negative to your positive, that should fix your problem

Comment

AirRide Accord U ARE A LEGEND! I just switched it and now my bass is back! hahaha mad shit! So thats it yeah? I just switch it for 1 rear speaker only? I dont need to do the other one yeah?

Sounds heaps good now, thanks alot man

Comment

Working...
                      X