Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OMG the rear deck is a whore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG the rear deck is a whore

....so i decided to take my rear deck out today (which was gray) and use the duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint on it to make it black. Well, I got it out while busting half of the clips and tearing the slots they go into (this couldn't really be avoided) and its a pain in the ass to line all the clips back up.....but I got it in. Im just writing this to let everyone know that if they decide to take out the rear deck...be damn careful, pm me if you need to know how the shits held in there and stuff.

By the way, it looks good and I will have pics probably in the appearance section once I paint my C-Pillars and have it all put back together. I just put this thread here in audio because sometimes you need to take it out for audio work and stuff.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder...whats the difficulty level of this????

Comment

the actual difficulty level is a 2 but if u r doing it for the 1st time its maybe a 4 but if its ur 1st time and ur rushing its a 10 cuz u break stuff or bent the rear deck to the point of a crease which isnt cool
      sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
      the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07
        .... Well, I got it out while busting half of the clips and tearing the slots they go into (this couldn't really be avoided) and its a pain in the ass to line all the clips back up.....but I got it in. Im just writing this to let everyone know that if they decide to take out the rear deck...be damn careful, pm me if you need to know how the shits held in there and stuff.
        it was a pain in the ass to line up all of the clips cuz u busted and tore shyt it could have been avoided if u took ur time to see that u need to slide the rear deck after u take off the moldings and screws
        the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Have you even actually taken the rear deck off? There are several clips that are under the skeleton in the trunk, you cant get to them straight on, i got it out with as little breaking as possible, thats just the brittleness of the clips
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

this also explains why most of us that wanted to clean their rear windshield where the high mount brake light goes, haven't done so.
            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Have you even actually taken the rear deck off? There are several clips that are under the skeleton in the trunk, you cant get to them straight on, i got it out with as little breaking as possible, thats just the brittleness of the clips
              ive taken my rear deck out of 3 of my cb7's nothing ever broke or needed to be replaced its easy if u take ur time u dont actually have to access the clips but u can if u have the correct tools. just slide the deck towards you after u take off the molding bhind the back seat and take out the pillars
              the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Umm...I'll have to try that sometime heavyhitter. I've never heard of anyone easily taking out that damn thing.
                And you'd be right vinyl. There's a large cricket sitting at my third brake lamp, and its been there since the first owner. My first attempt to get at it failed :P
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

....OMG the rear deck is a whore
                  I sugest keeping your pimp hand strong.
                  I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

i got a wasp moth and a cricket ridein the 3rd brake light.
                    Them foos is G's

seriously is it that hard? i looked and didnt attempt b/c i thot it was permantly placed. ha

Comment

Its good to see that soemone hates it just as much as I do. Im having to remove mine to finish removing the nasty tint job I have left.
                      H22 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by 93sidelsolvtec
                        Its good to see that soemone hates it just as much as I do. Im having to remove mine to finish removing the nasty tint job I have left.

x2 i need to get that cheap walmart tint outta there

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

haha try removing it on a 02 civic. you gotta remove all the REAR panels to get to the speakers. it sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            haha try removing it on a 02 civic. you gotta remove all the REAR panels to get to the speakers. it sucks
                            plz, dont even mod one thing!!!

YOUR GOING TO BREAK THE DAMN CAR!!!

Comment

does anyone have pics with the rear deck out so we can see where the mount points are
                              My Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X