Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Advice for speaker change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for speaker change

undefinedundefinedundefined
    I was just wondering if anyone could help me, in my car i have three blow speakers, im looking to replace all four, I am am ready to mod up the space in the back to fit some 6X9's although I'm having a hard time choosing some good speakers, I dont know which brand to choose I'm looking for something that can play some good Bass and handle volume, I pretty much dont wanna go blow my money on speakers that are gonna be worthless once i install them... any advice is greatly appreciated thx guys!

are u going to have them hooked up to a amp?

let me jus say u dont want to buy something to later change it because u want to go louder. waste of money. since u sound like u want the speakers for lows n highs i say some component speakers. alpine, pioneer ect.

Comment

Well an amp might be something to think about in the future but for now i don't think ill be having one, the thing is i checked out some MTX speakers they seemed to be good, but i was told there not worth it and now i hurd that "rockford" speakers are great, have u heard of them? (but yes pretty much for now i'm looking for speakers that can handle high and lows)
      Last edited by smokeyy15; 04-20-2007, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I haven't heard much about rockford but MTX's are GENERALLY pretty cheaply made, so IMO not really worth getting. Definately look at Alpine, Pioneer, Sony... Those are all pretty good all around speakers at an affordable price.
        R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
        FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
        Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

Aight well thx a lot for your help bro, at least it sounds like mtx are cheap thats one answered question and i am getting some good feedbacks from Alpine, i think im gonna check out the rockford ones and try to see where i can check out some Alpines. Although i did check up on the rockford profiling and they seem to be pretty good heres the link if u wanna check it up and tell me what you think (for the 6x9's)http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...69&catid=20116 and for the the 6.5 http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...77&catid=20114

Comment

have polk db650 in the rear....

very good speakers.... less than $100 in most places.
            '93 LX Accord Anniversary Auto
            66K Miles (yes, only that much) and no rust!

Comment

Rockford generally makes quality stuff. They are really known for their amp but I have heard some of their speakers and they sound pretty good too. I don't know if you have the factory stereo or aftermarket but some things to look at when you start comparing. Check the sensitivity of the speakers. The higher the number the more efficiently it can convert the power to sound. Good for running off of just a headunit. Also look at your frequency response. The lower the first number the lower the bass. Higher the second number the higher the treble. This isnt a great comparison but will give you a slight idea. I have my speaker cut off at 125 Hz I think and anything lower is my subs territory. Once you find a few you think you might like try to listen to them because that will be the real factor cuz you could crunch numbers and make then up all day. If they have the option to turn off the amp listen both ways so you hear what you will be getting now and what you might get if you decide to get an amp later.
              Hope this helps.

Comment

alpine type Rs best bang for your buck.

Comment

I would consider getting any 6x9 with the smallest magnet size possible if you are planning to run it off your deck. That way it's sensitivity will be much better suited for the power from the deck, and you will get the most sound and bass out of it. However if you really want bass, just add a small cheap sub and a small amp- thats what you really only need.
                  90-2D 5spd. Turbo/Shaved/slammed/kitted/4200watts/laptop&Tvs...

Ova 17G's invested in mah AZN ride!

Comment

Working...
                  X