Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Remote Wire is WHERE? Toopid Kwestion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Wire is WHERE? Toopid Kwestion...

Hey fellas, I'm having a brain fart and I can't think of what wire to use as the remote wire (to go to amp) from the stock wire harness. There's three wires that are blue with different stripes on them that aren't used for power, ground, antenna motor, or speakers. Not sure if one of these is the "remote" wire.

If not, should I run the remote wire (to the amp) from the constant 12V wire? Or the ignition power wire (yellow/red) that only comes on when the ignition is on? Either way I usually run a kill switch between the remote and the amp. I'm gonna put some old skool Kicker 8" free airs in the back so I can get mah bumps on.

Thanks in advance.

(what wire do I run the remote wire from?)
    My Ride (Click here)

It's late (2am), so I just wired the remote to the ignition radio wire. I don't have the amp in yet, but I just want the remote ready to go once I do put it in. Hopefully that was the right wire, cuz I'm not thinking clearly right now :P
    My Ride (Click here)

Comment

okay here's the deal. The remote wire is just a small 12vdc source which acts as a switch on the amp side saying "oh turn on". Typically remote wires are just straight up blue in aftermarket wiring harnesses. So by plugging it in to the constant 12VDC source that your cd player uses to keep track of time would mean the amp would just stay on- not a good idea. You CAN wire it up to the ignition switch, but that means the amp will always be on when the ignitions on, even if the system is off (it shouldn't put out any sound but with magnetic fields all around us, the amp may misinterpret a forced signal). I think it is save to say that the blue wire, with either stripes will be the remote. If not, you can always google your model CD player or ask crutchfield the wiring code for your harness, problem solved!
      90-2D 5spd. Turbo/Shaved/slammed/kitted/4200watts/laptop&Tvs...

Ova 17G's invested in mah AZN ride!

Comment

The deck is a stock honda/acura radio (with equalizer) from a 94 legend.

Unlike an aftermarket deck that would normally have a blue lead to remote, the stock deck only has a plug in the back of the radio for the stock wire harness to plug into. On the wiring harness, there are 3 blue wires that are not the antenna, not any speakers, not the main ground, not constant 12V or ignition 12V. They're just there, and I'm not sure what they're for.

So I wired the remote wire to the 12V ignition wire that leads to the radio.

Either way, I have a cut off switch on the remote wire to the amp (so I can cut off the amp at will). And I usually turn off the switch before turning off the car because if I don't, I can hear a surge pop through the subs when I switch the ignition off. Plus I don't like the amp to automatically turn on when I turn on the car either.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if any of those blue wires is an actual remote wire, and if using the 12V ignition wire (in the harness) would work just as well.
        My Ride (Click here)

Comment

sounds like youve got things handled, the way to go for amp turn on without a aftermarket stereo (which the remote turn on is blue/white, solid blue is power antenna). and putting a switch in is a good idea to avoid the turn on pop. why dont you just get a aftermarket stereo? it'll sound way better than the stock bullshit.

Member Ride Facebook
          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
            sounds like youve got things handled, the way to go for amp turn on without a aftermarket stereo (which the remote turn on is blue/white, solid blue is power antenna). and putting a switch in is a good idea to avoid the turn on pop. why dont you just get a aftermarket stereo? it'll sound way better than the stock bullshit.
            I think it sounds pretty good, for 12 dollers...

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
              the way to go for amp turn on without a aftermarket stereo (which the remote turn on is blue/white, solid blue is power antenna).

and putting a switch in is a good idea to avoid the turn on pop. why dont you just get a aftermarket stereo? it'll sound way better than the stock
              I'm trying to figure out what the three blue wires are on the HARNESS. I think they're blue/white, blue/red, and blue/black. Don't quote me on that for now; I already put my deck in and don't want to take it back apart for now.

Here's a diagram of the stock Honda/Acura harness. Plugs H, I, and N go to three blue wires. I have no idea what these wires go to. Maybe to optional CD changer or amp? No clue. Perhaps one of them is a remote wire. Definitely not an antenna wire, because plug C is the antenna wire (which is already plugged in on mine and works).

Anyone know what these three "do not use" wires are for? I've already had several aftermarket decks installed before, and have never had to use any of these 3 blue wires.
              Last edited by BlackPearl2006; 05-25-2007, 05:10 PM.
              My Ride (Click here)

Comment

the remote wire is the wire that turns on the amp right? how does this work; does the amp turn on when the deck is turned on?

THIS CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO ME SO STOP GIVING ME COMPLIMENTS!! although it is quite nice....

Vehicular Lunacy At Its Finest

Comment

"do not use" are blank spots in typical honda harness. dont you have a test light ($2 autozone) or multimeter($10 for a cheapy). meter to see if anything puts out 12 with the radio on and 0 when off if not then got to use the radio acc wire.
                  1990LX: thats how it supposed to work, when the amp sees 12v itll go on
                  FA1

Comment

Working...
                  X