Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no power to amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no power to amp?

ok so i get in my car to show this girl my system cuz she had heard about it haha but yea i put on a song and wait for the bass to hit and it never comes

i beleive im not getting power to the amp but i cant figure out why...i have checked the fuses on the amp and on the power line... the head unit and everything is working fine just the sub is out

any ideas on what to do?

any help is appreciated
    thanks

ummm, I think you might of made yourself look like a fool trying to showoff ( I know I would) and maybe your sub is blown. push down on your sub. tell us how it sounds like and how it feels. no hard feelings, I was just being sarcastic.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by DeluxeLx202
      ok so i get in my car to show this girl my system cuz she had heard about it haha but yea i put on a song and wait for the bass to hit and it never comes

i beleive im not getting power to the amp but i cant figure out why...i have checked the fuses on the amp and on the power line... the head unit and everything is working fine just the sub is out

any ideas on what to do?

any help is appreciated
      thanks
      Is the amp turning on? there should be a power light some where on the amp look for it and see if it is on. If its on then the amp is getting power, or you could use a meter to check for power at the end of the power cable.

My 1991 Accord DX

Comment

haha hey man she asked to hear ; )
        but yea i felt like an idot
        and no its not blown as far as i can tell, i already checked and it was fine
        the amp power light is not coming on which is why i said i beleived that was the issue...
        i did find that the fuse casing on the power wire in the engine bay was cracked but the fuse was still intact, im not sure if this has anything to do with it?

Comment

ok first check the remote wire, if thats not hooked up it wont work, next check your rcas, if that doesnt work then your amp is out

Comment

Originally posted by DeluxeLx202
            haha hey man she asked to hear ; )
            but yea i felt like an idot
            and no its not blown as far as i can tell, i already checked and it was fine
            the amp power light is not coming on which is why i said i beleived that was the issue...
            i did find that the fuse casing on the power wire in the engine bay was cracked but the fuse was still intact, im not sure if this has anything to do with it?
            Doesn't hurt to replace the fuse. I had the same issue but Phempa came to my rescue and said I needed a new fuse. It looked find but for some reason wasn't functioning. If that still doesn't work than it might be the amp itself.

Comment

alright i have checked the remote wires and rca wire and puled the head unit out to make sure it was all correct and i still have no luck....
              i will try the fuse if i have an extra

Comment

You might also want to check and see if there is anything wrong with the ground wire aswell.

My 1991 Accord DX

Comment

ground wire as posted above x's2. and check remote wire with a test light or volt meter to see if you have 12 volts. also the power wire. maybe your fuse on the power wire is blown.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Take a multimeter and place one probe before the fuse holder, and one after it. If you're not getting 12v+, your fuse is dead, regardless if the fuse is physically broken or not.

Or just replace the fuse and find out for yourself.

Comment

if your power wire and ground are good, the easiest way to make sure your amp even works is to cross a wire from the power to the remote, this will allow the amp to turn on w/o requiring any signal from the deck.....if the amp turns on, re-route and rewire your remote wire, if your amp doesnt turn on, the PS in your amp is blown
                      90 4Dr.CB7, 416,XXX KMS and still running like a champ!

Comment

i was having the same problem for awhile and came to find out the wire running to the sub from the amp had so minor cuts that stopped allowing the sub to bump maybe try replacing wires there if not that yeah it could be blown form the sounds i unno what is the brand of the sub???
                        My 93 Accord Ex
                        Myspace

Comment

alright its workin now...
                          i took it in today and it turns out the remote wire had a slight burn in it and when he pulled it it straight tore in half....
                          i guess i didnt check it good enough cuz i didnt see that at all : /
                          o well the guy didnt charge me except i got the "leave it to the professionals speech" but he was cool so i didnt care much
                          thanks for the help

Comment

sorry to jack this thread but I have to know where you got your rims
                            My Ride

Comment

Working...
                            X