Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock cd player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock cd player

could you just pick one up from the dealer or what?

You should be able to if they are still available at that particular dealership.

Expect to pay a lot.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

or look on ebay? some people here have them on their cars still

Comment

Hahaha trust me, you dont wanna pick it up from the dealer unless your up to paying big bucks. I had a plan to grab one from the dealer (they had 2 at the time) i was quoted about $480 + Taxes including necessary wiring etc...But i dropped that, even though it was OEM and wouldve made a nice compliment to my set-up, i spent the money towards a high end Alpine unit.

But yeah i mean if you really wanna go that route, hit up ebay or fellow cb7tuner members.

Comment

i'll see you mine for like 50 bucks. it s in excellent condition. its not the bose, but its off my 91 lx. it has a tape player.

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Comment

Yeah, I even have seen that.

Originally posted by texotic
            or look on ebay? some people here have them on their cars still
            one click to

Comment

hey dude, i thought they only came with tape decks, well there you go, learn something every day. May i ask why you want a stock CD player? Why not purchase a pioneer mp3/WMA or something, thats what i did, and they are fantastic, look good to boot as well, plus remote control, cant go past that mate. PS. Do you guys get clarion in the US? i Have 6.5" clarion splits in the front and rear of my CB7 and they sound fantastic, next month im amping them up too
              "Am i crazy? Or am i so sane that i just blew your mind?"

Comment

well, i think the 93' or 92's came with the option of a cd player and i was as shoked as you when i first found out they came with a cd player i want one because im goin with all jdm oem parts and and h22, and i dont wanna go with all those "boom boxes" and pioneer,jvl,etc. so basicly i wanna go oem,jdm,peformance!

Comment

Stock in dash/upgrade in the glove box

I haven't seen it done on any cb7 (I haven't looked ether) but many classic car people do this. Leave a stock (OEM) model in the dash and put an upgrade in the glove box. Just a thought if you wanted to make it sound better and keep the stock look.

Another option becoming popular with people who want to keep stock (OEM) head units is to buy an item like the JL-Audio CleanSweep. Here is a link about it and what it does.

JL-Audio CleanSweep
                  Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 07-19-2007, 08:01 PM. Reason: Cleansweep

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

how much are the stock in dash oem going for on ebay?

Lou's Build Thread!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                    "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by cleanjdm
                      i'll see you mine for like 50 bucks. it s in excellent condition. its not the bose, but its off my 91 lx. it has a tape player.
                      Correct me if I am wrong, but the tapedeck came with the equalizer, right? And the stock CD player did not come with a tape deck, right? I am going to take off my Alpine unit and install the OEM tape deck. Coz this is what I am going to install in my car.

Comment

its a nice look but these units wont play mp3 file cd's.. so basiccally if you make the cd yourself on the computer it wont play on the stock cd player.

Comment

The EQ and single disc CD player were factory options. The EQ connects the same way the CD player would. It also uses the same bracket to hold the HU to either the CD or EQ. Both were separate alternatives to the pocket, and in addition to the much rarer cd controller for an Alpine OEM changer in the trunk.
                          '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                          EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

wow 480 for stock radio .. damn thats alot ... why wouldnt u just get a new radio??

Comment

Originally posted by mIsS♥aCcORd_210
                              wow 480 for stock radio .. damn thats alot ... why wouldnt u just get a new radio??
                              Because it's HONDA I guess?! lol

Ya the hell with that, then again....why not pic up ANY used honda radio w/cd player and just adapt the harness. As long as you have/get the code you can get a decent radio that still says HONDA on it. Shouldn't be too hard just power/acc/ground/speakers/attenna leads to hook up.
                              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X