Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Back door speakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back door speakers!

did anyone here try this? maybe took off their rear door panels and custom made maybe a 6X9 slot for speakers and wired it up? it sounds like a very niec idea to me, and i might have these guys in Roadquake hook it up w/ a custom made speaker slot on both sides..what do u guys think?

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
    out of the game for now but looking

6-speaker CB7? Sounds hott. Hook it up yo!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

hey i plan on doing that in the next couple of weeks
      vouches --> mj1220mj,Trickedaccord92, Maple 50175, Customlowz, 92lx

Comment

that sounds like a good idea man do it!

Comment

I think I may try to do this as well

I have 5 1/4" speakers in the front and 6x9s in the back.....

I think i'll do 6.5" on all four doors and keep the 6x9s in the back

does this sound good??

Comment

my Mazda 6 has speakers in the door and a woofer in the rear deck

Ride List
            1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
            2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
            newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

I am going to integrate some 2-way 5-1/4's into the doors. They will fit better than the 6x9's IMO...leave the 6x9 treatment to the back.
              DEVOTE

Comment

Sounds like a good idea!

Comment

I did this a while back and fiberglassed some 6x9 into rear door panels but somebody stole them before I got a chance to install. It still puzzled me why anyone would steal them
                  Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                    I am going to integrate some 2-way 5-1/4's into the doors. They will fit better than the 6x9's IMO...leave the 6x9 treatment to the back.

yeah, that's what i'd prefer, 6x9's are a bit more for bass, and too much bass + doors doesn't work very well. You could use tons of sound matting but that's just a bit much. Subs in the trunk, just enough in the doors for clarity is all you'd need. I'd honestly maybe even go smaller than 5 1/2 maybe a 4" two way.
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

try 2 stick with smaller speaker in ur doors easyer 2 fir less weight clearer sound = better ballance u dont rally need much speake behind u try 2 add more speaker in front of u. think about it u dont go 2 a concert and stand with ur back 2 the stage same goes for the sound in ur car and remember when working with 2-way speakers not 2 turn ur tweets towards u or the passengers 2 create a time delay so ur music is more in sync.

Comment

i do car audio installs, and it sounds like a waste of time to me, if your going to put that much work in, put in a amp, put a 8 in your front door along with a 4" and a tweet in fiberglass pods, itll sound way better and for the money your gonna spend paying those guys to build something u might as well get somethin worth while out of it.

but then again its your car and to each his own.

Member Ride Facebook
                        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

This would be really cool idea but i do not have back doors. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                            i do car audio installs, and it sounds like a waste of time to me, if your going to put that much work in, put in a amp, put a 8 in your front door along with a 4" and a tweet in fiberglass pods, itll sound way better and for the money your gonna spend paying those guys to build something u might as well get somethin worth while out of it.

but then again its your car and to each his own.
                            yes the installers words, hehe i fell yah.

at least just put a 4 channel amp on the system with a sub.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

CB's have great soundsystems already, this would make it even better! My CB has a wayyy better stock soundsystem than my 99 CL, which is very surprising to me.
                              FBP 99 Acura 2.3 CL 5 spd (mods a plenty) Estoril 98 BMW M3 Sedan(under construction)
                              Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
                              Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated
                              UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
                              Acurazine.com Mod Squad

Comment

Working...
                              X