Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Audio

Hey guys
    as all you know im about to get a CB7, the one im getting has stock casette
    AM/FM radio with the stock speakers. The question is how do these speakers sound...are they total crap or work ok, my corolla is a crap car but apparently has good speakers in it, stock though.
    and isnt the stock head unit made by Panasonic, and speakers too ?
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

If the speakers are the same stock ones the car came when when it rolled out of the factory, chances are that they probably won't work too well. These old speakers aren't exactly the best made ones, compared to today's standards. 14+ years would definitely take a toll on them.

The stock deck is made by alpine i believe. I'm not sure about the speakers.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

yeah i assume your right, they prob will be gone by now
      but hey, japanese quality hits up on other things too
      i got 21 year old pioneers in my truck and they work great

Comment

Originally posted by Accord07
        but hey, japanese quality hits up on other things too
        i got 21 year old pioneers in my truck and they work great
        There's no doubt about that.

Materials used to manufacture modern speaker systems (even lower quality ones) are more resilient to heat, cold and moisture as well as time.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

yeah, i agree with you, lets see how these work, i dont want super excellent quality, something better than crappy ford factory systems, i think this should be OK
          hows the head unit ?
          pretty easy to work ?

Comment

i think it all depends on the car. i bought a couple of cb7s and they were all different. my 1st ones they we blown. and then when i got into my 2nd 10 aniv. i turned it up and was like wow, this sound sick for a stock. so it all depends.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

10th Anniversary and SE had Bose sound systems i think

Comment

Originally posted by Accord07
                10th Anniversary and SE had Bose sound systems i think
                yea...i have a se with the bose sound systems and the sound i great

Comment

Yes the factory stock decks (including the single disc and cd changers options) were OEM Alpine, except for the '91 EX deck that had 8 instead of 6 presets with a power switch separate from the volume. That one was Matsushita (Panasonic).

I thought the OEM speakers were by Pioneer. At least I'm sure they were on the 3rd gen.
                  '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                  EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

alpines pretty good...so i guess OEM is good
                    better than any domestic OEM system.

Comment

if AE were BOSE i didnt get the BOSE . I took the whole car apart and I didnt see BOSE anywhere. If it was bose i think you cant just switch them car to car, you need to do the whole system bc of the amplifier, i think. BUT i did switch them from this car to another, so im pretty sure theyre not BOSE.

And yes stock is Pioneer

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

my 92 EX has the stock speakers all around. i have a older sony head unit that came with the car when i bought it used.

the system sounds pretty damn good. ive cranked some techno and they handle it pretty well.

i do have a slight buzz in one of my rear 6X9s but you dont really notice it.

thats my story.
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

it sounds pretty good for stock, but i'd definetly upgrade it!

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Comment

im gonna prob def upgrade when i get some $$

Comment

Working...
                            X