Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hidden sub location??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put the sub in the wheel well under the piece of wooden/cardboard board, then screw down the board and put the carpet back over. da da! no one will even know you have a sub in there

Click here to see my ride!

Comment

just remember the 'floor' people are refering to is a 1/8th" compressed board that breaks with only a little more force than crushing cardboard. people will take the whole thing (I know of this happening quite a bit) so anything you bolt a box to must be secure to the frame to be worth the extra effort.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Lots of good ideas guys, thanks for all of them. However, I forgot to include one word; practical. My car is my daily so I don't wanna lose my backseat or my spare. If I could keep my spare but still have a sub there then why the hell not but I don't forsee a lot of room in there. I'd love to put one under my passenger seat for the ladies :P but I don't think there's enough room under there either.
        I don't bump around my neighborhood mostly because of that reason. Plus when my car got broken into it hadn't been hooked up since I moved, I think they just got lucky. And I have an alarm but the siren isn't hooked up. You'd think the blinking light woulda stopped em but noooooo.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
          just remember the 'floor' people are refering to is a 1/8th" compressed board that breaks with only a little more force than crushing cardboard. people will take the whole thing (I know of this happening quite a bit) so anything you bolt a box to must be secure to the frame to be worth the extra effort.
          Yeah that stuff is rotted and bent up, i need to make a new one.
          wat?

Comment

i was in the same dilema as you, i didnt want to loose any room. but after a year of searching i gave up....i got a standard 12'' sub box sealed (to save room and SQ) and put it in, still had a butt load of room and bass =)
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Did you have enough room to keep your spare or did you have to ditch it???

Comment

my homeboy has a caprice and he build a box for (8) 10's right behind the seat and the back of the box was in the trunk. so the speakers are facing the back seat. people that ride in his car try to ride shot gun. lol. but the only way they get ur music is if the cut the back of the box in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
                  How about you disconnect the wire that opens the trunk inside you car.
                  That wont help when they use a screw driver to pop the lock on the trunk, Also if you have something they(theives) want they will get it no matter what.
                  94 Dodge Spirit-DD
                  91 Honda Integra-Project
                  92 Accord LX-For sale(check my for sale thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink
                    That wont help when they use a screw driver to pop the lock on the trunk, Also if you have something they(theives) want they will get it no matter what.
                    yeah great opinion, dude I've seen a cb7 listed on ebay that had 3 JL subs in the back, and it was built in a way that the whole box couldn't be removed, and the car was broken into 3 times. YEs the headunit was stolen, but no, the subs never left.

And even theives know if you cant stop an alarm within about 10 secs to ditch. They could tow your car off if they wanted, but by then it's not a matter of audio anymore, so realisticaly, you CAN deter a MAJORITY of typical break in cases, that'll make me a lot more comfortable than just doing no audio and thinking Im A-ok.

*edit* I see you are new btw, welcome to cb7tuner! generally overly factuated statements like the one you made (matter-o-fact with no facts to back it up) will be discriminated on here by others, and to the older members make you look arrogant, so please keep everything as cool as possible to help preserve the peace and keep good information circling.
                    Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 07-31-2007, 06:41 PM.
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I dont have subs yet but I already have plans on what im doing.Bulit a custom case right behind the rear seats so that the box fits like a glove.And have the subs facing the rear seat as well.Last and most important is a rear stryt tower bar, so you can only get the box out by taking off the strut bar.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                        a custom case right behind the rear seats so that the box fits like a glove.And have the subs facing the rear seat as well.Last and most important is a rear stryt tower bar, so you can only get the box out by taking off the strut bar.
                        I was always planning on something similar to this. Mine was going to be molded so that the top of the box was like [__] the strut bar would fit right down in the gap. I guess you could say so the top of the box was almost molded to the strut bar..

I have backed away from the idea more lately since I am not usually listening to music in the CB.. Call me a loser but, I usually have my Police/Fire & Rescue scanner blaring.. Later

Comment

So does anyone know if I'd be able to keep my spare if I mount my sub in the well??? I'm not going huge cuz I don't need, a 10" at the most, probably 600w like I used to have.

Comment

yeah, you can do it.

i did for a little while, then i wasn't happy about how it sounded so i moved it.

it's not hard, post any questions up here man.

Comment

all those sound i great idea

but the best one is get an alarm
                              MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

having the sub box face the rear seat with a strut bar has so far been the most practical idea. good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X